Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Work sharp knife sharpener >

Work sharp knife sharpener

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Work sharp knife sharpener

Old 01-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Work sharp knife sharpener

Got one for Christmas and been learning how to use it. Any one have one and how do you like it,good or bad? I would think they could have made the belts change easier,maybe just me.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Banned

I have one and like it. you have to be carefull not to ruin the tip of knife though
Old 01-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine. I have the Ken Onion and I can get knives so sharp that you bleed looking at them. The belts are super easy on the Ken Onion to change.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Spike

We've got the nirey electric knife sharpener.. It's fricken awesome
Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

I really like it. Saves me a ton of time sharpening my wife's kitchen knives but I dont use it on my good hunting knives.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Haven't got away

from using an old stone sharpener. Guess I got spoiled for life. Never did around to those "sharp" knife sharpeners. If it runs on power, I don't use it.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

After my girlfriend got me 1 a couple years ago, I don't see how I ever got by without it! With it I have to get the correct edge angle, same as with any kind or type, then sharpen. With the Work Sharp power sharpener it only takes about 1-2 minutes to do everything! The belts seem easy to change for me, not that I change them that often. It is EXTREMELY easy to round the tip off if you don't pay attention or read the instructions!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Even being careful not to round off the tips, I did round off a few of mine. I use 10" arkansas stones, from soft all the way through translucent. It really doesn't take much time, but when I want a true mirror finish, and the sharpest edges I have ever seen, I use my KME system. It is an awesome sharpener, that most anyone can use, and the owner of the company is amazing. He will talk to you on the phone and really work with you so that anyone can use it correctly and have excellent results. I never use my work sharp anymore unless it's on a machete or hatchet. BB