Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife? >

What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife?

Old 10-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Condor Bushlore. It is a perfect fixed blade for skinning, quartering, and cutting meat from the bone for processing. It is high carbon steel and holds its edge at least as well as any of the much more expensive knives I own, even in the exotic and powdered steels. The game changer is the price. They are somewhere around $35 on Amazon, so it is replaceable if one were to be lost. I have not lost one yet, but you better believe that my heart will be broken if I lost the one I carry. It's my first one and I have done a lot of work to it. BB
Old 12-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Ive carried two for decades
the old timer sharp finger for most field dressing meat related work and a cold steel kukri for the heavy stuff that a small knife has difficulty with
Old 12-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Case Sharks tooth folder. Better than any Buck knife made.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite folding pocket knife is Kershaw Oso Sweet assisted opening, my favorite big folder/defense/heavy duty is the discontiinued CRKT Hammond Cruiser, and my all time favorite fixed blade ixed blade is a custom knife I had made to my specs with elk antler handle, and heat treated high carbon steel hollow ground drop point about 4.5" long blade.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Spike

Buck Omni folding blade with the gut hook. I love having a deer knife that fits in my pocket. Done with the fixed blades that hang up on everything.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Spike

I like my Muela hand made knife with antler handle. Muela is a popular brand for hunting knives which are made in Toledo, Spain. They are also very reasonably priced, I've seen them here in the U.S. but they are not so popular, and a little overpriced. If you ever go to Spain, stop by a good knife shop and it will have a lot of Muela knives. They range from 60 euros for a decent hunting knife up to thousands of euros for limited edition knives.

Toledo, Spain has been known for centuries for metalworking.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

when hunting deer i carry my case folding 2 blade knife. one blade is for gutting and the other is for skinning.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:14 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Havalon Piranta Folding Replaceable Blade

I've had lots of knives as all of you have had. I tripped across a Havalon Piranta Folding Knife with a Replaceable blade on Amazon for $20 something bucks. It comes with a scabbard and 10 replaceable blades. I have completely skinned 3 elk with it and only use one blade on each elk. Still have 7 more years to go before I need to spend 9 dollars and get new blades (sharpen my knife).
Old 06-28-2018, 07:56 AM
Spike

kershaw alaskan blade trader. best friend bought me this for christmas 3 years ago. best knife I've used, holds edge so well.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Spike

Default Vintage Made in USA Knives

I have an old Western of Boulder that is probably my favorite with a Browning sheath I found for it.

also like the 1980's S&W American Series knives made for S&W by Vermont Knives.
Attached Thumbnails -img_3759.jpg   -img_3989.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.