Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 remington round balls >

remington round balls

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

remington round balls

Old 04-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default remington round balls

You guys got to help me on this one, a buddy of mine, from work will only shoot the " remington Round balls in his 50 caliber . He told me he can no longer locate these . He contacted Remington arms, and they told him they no-longer make them. I told him " there has got to be someone out there that still has a few on hand" He bet me I couldn't find any. I have tried a number of different sport shops locally as well as searched the web. This has gotten to be a personal mission for me now. I hate to admit that he was right. So guy's please help me out . There is nothing I would like better than to hand him a couple hundred of these remington round balls. and shut-him-up. This guy is relentless, on nagging me everyday. I have had excellant help from all you guys before I need you to pull another one out of your hat. Thanks a bunch. Steviebiggun
Old 04-30-2005, 09:22 PM

Default RE: remington round balls

ORIGINAL: steviebiggun

You guys got to help me on this one, a buddy of mine, from work will only shoot the " remington Round balls in his 50 caliber . He told me he can no longer locate these . He contacted Remington arms, and they told him they no-longer make them. I told him " there has got to be someone out there that still has a few on hand" He bet me I couldn't find any. I have tried a number of different sport shops locally as well as searched the web. This has gotten to be a personal mission for me now. I hate to admit that he was right. So guy's please help me out . There is nothing I would like better than to hand him a couple hundred of these remington round balls. and shut-him-up. This guy is relentless, on nagging me everyday. I have had excellant help from all you guys before I need you to pull another one out of your hat. Thanks a bunch. Steviebiggun

I've got 5 packs of 25 rounds each.

25 Premier Golden Lead Round Balls in .50 Cal .490 dia
Comes in a green packaged pack. Make me an offer--I've been trying to sell these and they are headed to ebay soon. I'd rather have them go to someone on here though.
Either PM me or email me at [email protected]

Paul
Old 04-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

A number of us posting here find Speer to be the best.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with Triple Se7en.. of all the store bought roundballs I have shot, and that includes Remington, Hornady, Buffalo, and Speer... I always got the best group with Speer. Now I shoot homecasted roundball and actually they work real good. All of the store bought roundballs shot excellent, a deer would have never know the difference actually but the Speer in tests I conducted a number of summers ago shot the best overall group on paper....
Old 04-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep Cayugad.... let me add this....

In weighing my store-bought Speers, they showed the least amount of weight differences too. Darn good roundball.... make a good .451 bulk sabot/bullet too in the Gold Dots. Had a few flight problems with the .429s... but not the .451s
Old 05-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I am shooting the .429 Gold Dots right now and am not real impressed with them back at the 100 yard range. They do fine out to about 70 yards and then all of a sudden they start to spread out. I have cut the powder charge to see if that made a difference... I have increased the powder charge to try that... and all I can say is once they are shot off I will not be getting more of them. I really like the Buffalo Bullets out there on the market for accuracy....
Old 05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The .451s with the black high pressure sabots will get you beyond 100 yards. Had the same problems as you with the .429s using 44/50 Speer 270 gr SPs. You can get the .451s in 185 - 230 & 300 grain hollow points. I'm using the 230s now. No flyers like the 44s were giving me fits with.

A good source for them is the link below. Use the "down arrow" on the right side of the page to locate different weights/diameters.

Speer Gold Dot HP .451s.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

I have a box of 100 minus two I will trade for a box of Hornaday you pay shipping .
Old 05-01-2005, 07:29 PM

Triple 7 - I also had some wierd fliers with the .429 Gold Dot 270 grain. At first, I thought it was just me . . . . Too bad - I really like the expansion characteristics of this bullet. Roskoe.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roskoe

I tried Hornady, MMP & Harvester green sabots with them... even went down to 80 grains 777 trying to cure it.

Quick Reply: remington round balls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.