Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Goex Pinnacle Black Powder Substitute >

Goex Pinnacle Black Powder Substitute

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Goex Pinnacle Black Powder Substitute

Old 03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Goex Pinnacle Black Powder Substitute

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try this new powder put out by Goex. I have not really been able to gather all that much information on it....

I thought perhaps some of you might have gotton your hands on some and have opinions..
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 AM

Default RE: Goex Pinnacle Black Powder Substitute

This is the first I've heard of this powder. I'll check with some of my local pro shops in Virginia and see if I can find some to test. I'll let you know if I find any around here.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

All I have been able to learn about it so far is the FFg grade is rather course, described as course and the Fg grade. I was thinking that the FFFg might be a better choice. I was also told it burns very clean, has a low temp flash point, and cleans up real easy....

I would be interested in what you find out....
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM

I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow which is directly between two rival sporting goods pro shops so I will be checking them out for the new Goex. One of them has a quite extensive inventory of products and this is the only place I have been able to find my Black Mag3 powder. They will probably be the first to get the new Goex powder as well as those new reduced Remington 209 primers I'd heard about. And if they don't, then the other one will just to spite the one that didn't. Don't you just love competition? Will let you know tomorrow what I find.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

We have a Wal Mart 40 miles away which carries nothing... Other then that we can drive an hour and a half to the big cities and then be told they are out of stock and no longer carry that item...

You have it made there graveyard zombie
Old 03-09-2005, 12:11 PM

Yeah cayugad, I do like my situation here in Virginia even tho I'm a born and bred Georgia boy. Where I live right now is around an hour and a half to the ocean, an hour and a half to the beginning of our mountain region, and an hour and a half to Lake Gaston which borders both Virginia and North Carolina. I live in close proximity to five Wally Worlds and I'm only talking a proximity of 20 miles between all five but all they are carrying now is the 30 & 50 grain pellets. Plus I have the two independent pro shops that are only ten miles apart from each other. They just opened up a Bass Pro shop around Virginia Beach which is about an hour to an hour and a half from me but I haven't made that trip yet due to everything I can find right here at this time. But I'll hit the Bass Pro during our school spring break in a couple of weeks since I'm taking my wife to Virginia Beach for a few days. Anyway, will let you know tomorrow if either of the two pro shops have the new Goex.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Rumor has it that the "new Goex" is really an agreement between American Pioneer and Goex to sell the same powder. The comment about grain size seems to help to confirm that rumor. Time will tell I guess.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I just ordered two pounds of the Pinncale FFFg. We will see how well it shoots. I am more concerned about the moisture retention of the powder.