logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #1

Default Firestorm Trigger

Had to do something about the sights on my old T/C 50 cal Hawken that I built from a kit. Saving this smokepole for the Mantle so I needed a plain flinter with fiber optic sights. Got me a T/C Firestorm but the trigger pull is awful! Does anyone know if the lock can be re-worked or if I can get a different trigger to lighten the pull?
Firestorm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Firestorm Trigger

Some Thompson Center triggers are adjustable... check your manual on the Firestorm. Otherwise I would telephone Thompson Center Arms and ask them how it is done. Their customer service will be more then glad to help.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."
cayugad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
Typical Buck

Default RE: Firestorm Trigger

Just picked up a Firestorm. The trigger is pretty good at 5 pounds and it will likely lighten up a little bit over time.
I'd give Thompson a call regarding the trigger pull and see what they can do. I'm sure they can improve the trigger. T/C Service is excellent.