Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Removable scope rings? >

Removable scope rings?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Removable scope rings?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Spike

Default Removable scope rings?

Does anyone have any luck with quick release scope rings?
I'd like to be able to remove & replace scope and still have reliable accuracy.Any help would be greatly apreciated!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Removable scope rings?

Warne or Leupolds - both are excellent and both return to zero reliably. Check at UltOut.com for good pricing. There are numerous other qd/qr rings but those two are probably most readily available and have the best track record within a reasonable price range.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Leupold quick release rings & bases on 2 of my muzzel loaders and 1 CF rifle ,they work great. I like that I can remove the scope to clean the ML .
On a guided hunt next year I will have 2 scopes for my rifle sighted in ,extra 1 just in case .
The only reason I don't have them on all my rifles is that I am cheap and whats on now works.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a set of Burris E-zee mount I believe they were called. I sent them back. I had them on my Black Diamond and tried two different scopes with them and never got them to come close to true 0 again when I re-set them. The first time they were about an inch off, and the other times even more then that. I just would not trust them unless I had a chance to shoot the rifle...

I had a hunt coming up so I put back on the old Trophy solid mount and never went back to the removable. I think the next set will be Weaver or Leopold....
Old 01-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

cayugad, what bases did you have those Burris QD rings sitting on? Mine are working well for me - but I can only see buying them if you have a definite need for the slimmer rings such as I did. You can buy the Warnes at UltOut for less money than those Burris cost me.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I had them mounted on the standard Weaver base. I had the Bushnell Dusk to Dawn in them and every time I took them off I had to sight the rifle back in. It got to be too much. I have to admit for some reason they did not like to match up to the base that well. Perhaps I needed to buy the Burris base along with the rings.

Origninally I wanted the Weaver but they did not have them in stock. Then I looked at the Leopold but the Natchez saleman recommended the Burris so I went with that. I guess I should have stayed with my original plan.

I am glad to hear yours are working well for you.....
Old 01-10-2005, 11:23 AM

IMHO the QR from Leupold and quick detach from Warne are THE best. I have both on various rifles and have NEVER had a problem.

This year when I bought a Savage smokeless I put Weaver Grand Slam bases on and Leupold QRW rings on. Same results as the above mentioned, remove em, replace em and shoot em with no difference.

Good luck,
RA
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 183NONTYP

Does anyone have any luck with quick release scope rings?
Absolutely! I have had Leupold QR's on 3 different ML's and they work wonderfully for me. They are indispensable when it comes time to clean your ML. I agree that Leupold QR's and Warne's are the only way to go!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

Leupold QR QRW. I've got 7 scopes set up with quick release.
Regardless of your scope preferences, Leupold rings and mounts are excellent.
my .02