Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
!:20 Disc with old school plug >

!:20 Disc with old school plug

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

!:20 Disc with old school plug

Old 09-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default !:20 Disc with old school plug

In digging around and looking at sight options I decided to take out one of the 1:20 Discs. This one has never been fired. it still has the crossfire plug and orange primer jacket.

I installed an XS peep sight on it that I received in the mail today . I had to move the peep forward due to the bolt but it seems ok there.

I decided not to change the breech plug out but to leave the orange discs
mainly because I still had a pack of #11 nipple inserts for the disc so I can shoot 209 or #11 caps .
some of you guys may remember these. I only had 20 of the discs and 9 nipple inserts left but that should do for a hunt

Might have to give it a try with some big lead ,black powder and #11 cap and still have the option for Blackhorn,260 dead center and a 209
Old 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one bubble pack of Orange jackets ifn you need more.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I have one bubble pack of Orange jackets ifn you need more.
I would really like to find the #11 nipple inserts if possible . The orange jacket can still be bought but I haven't seen the nipples in a lot of years . If you run across any of them let me know
Old 09-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I would really like to find the #11 nipple inserts if possible . The orange jacket can still be bought but I haven't seen the nipples in a lot of years . If you run across any of them let me know
I think I might have 3-4 of them - I have not seen them on sale for many years...