Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Vortex Diamondback HP >

Vortex Diamondback HP

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Vortex Diamondback HP

Old 06-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vortex Diamondback HP

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Vortex Diamondback HP line of scopes. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. I m thinking about mounting one on my stainless Omega. Let me Know what you think. This is the one I've been looking at.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/974294 ... icle-matte
Old 06-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That reticle would be about perfect for me. Normally i sight in my hunting rifles at 100 yard. The 7.5 moa bottom tic would be good for 200 yard. The middle tic would be good for around 150 yard. For ranges less, i could just wing it. That being said, i would rather dial for extended range, which is why all my scopes have plain simple reticle with cds elevation dials.

Personally, i have no experience using the scope, but, from the description, it seems nice.

______
Old 08-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong with Vortex. Just find the one with the features you want and buy with confidence. They have an unlimited lifetime warranty on everything they sell. And if you happen to be military/LE/vet you get a huge discount when buying directly from vortex. Mine was 40% off. YMMV.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very good specs. I like the 4" of eye relief. Not a fan of BDC but that one looks fine.

The warranty is excellent but you might need it also. Ive read about quite a few failures on the harder recoiling rifles/MLs. It sure would not stop me from buying one though. Vortex stands behind their products as good or better than anyone in the business.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:37 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I own a pair of Vortec 10x42 Viper HD binoculars and have beaten them to death. Very good glass if that helps.
Greatly impressed with the quality.
JW

Last edited by JW; 08-24-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: not manufactured in the usa
Old 08-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Vortex scopes are made in China, Philippines or Japan depending on the model line. The newer Razor AMG series is mostly made in the USA. The glass or reticle comes from Germany.

DiamondBack series are made in the Philippines.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-24-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:34 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Vortex scopes are made in China, Philippines or Japan depending on the model line. The newer Razor AMG series is mostly made in the USA. The glass or reticle comes from Germany.

DiamondBack series are made in the Philippines.
Thanks GM didn't know that. Other than I saw Middleton Wi on my binocular package. I should have researched beter.

JW
Old 08-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

In today's world economy one can expect almost any product to be made in one of the high population/low wage countries. Heck, I just looked at the bottom of my left foot and think is see a very faint "Made in Vietnam".
Old 08-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JW
Thanks GM didn't know that. Other than I saw Middleton Wi on my binocular package. I should have researched beter.

JW
If yours were made earlier than late 2016 they were made in Japan. Nothing at all wrong with Japanese made optics. Even Zeiss uses some glass/products made in Japan.

The glass/prism is Bak4 which are excellent even if made in China.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Most all quality glass in optics products are made in either Japan or Germany. Don't know why but for some reason there are a couple of companies in each country that just produce better quality resolution and 3D image.