Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Tipped Bullets >

Lehigh Tipped Bullets

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Tipped Bullets

Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Tomorrow is D-Day. Have a dentist appointment on July 26; hers is on 29; those days are out. November 11 is out, as is December 25. Probably 9-11 isn't good. July 4 isn't good. August 9 is her B-day. Just pick a day; make it convenient for your self.

Would Mount Rushmore be a good location?

_____
I will be in attendance unless this is a private ceremony . I second the Mt Rushmore location
Old 06-06-2017, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave from Lehigh Defense asked me to forward this email to Ron which i did. I figured i would cut and paste it and share with you guys as well.

Ron,

Thank you so much for the testing you have done for us. We know the time and effort this takes and we sincerely appreciate it. I fought off the concept of tipping a muzzleloader bullet for over ten years knowing that anytime you add a tip the bc increases at the expense of terminal performance and a muzzleloader, in the hands of most hunters, is still a short range weapon. Sacrificing terminal performance in a hunting bullet is something we will never knowingly do. Anyway, sorry about the failures and thank you for your time and insight.

We have some other ideas to try in a few weeks.

Dave
Old 06-06-2017, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I will be in attendance unless this is a private ceremony . I second the Mt Rushmore location
You're welcome to come, but please no autographs.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The plan is to raffle 35 of your actual autographs at the reception. At the ceremony there will be 10000 decals with your autograph provided at the gate to the first arrivals. This way, your fans can attach the decal of your autograph to the butt stock of their favorite old time rifle.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

.......a muzzleloader, in the hands of most hunters, is still a short range weapon........
Regulation here require us to use non-magnified glass, or iron sights. Currently, the bullet that appeals to me the most, is the 265g copper control fracture. It flies a way plenty good enough to outdistance my ability, using the sights on my hunting rifles.

Anyway, sorry about the failures.......

Dave
You know what is weird is how painful the failure are. My mood plummets when the bullet gets away, and soars when the bullet is caught.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like that bullet for bears. Is there a way to use them as a conical? (.50 cal)