Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
need  more   knock  down >

need more knock down

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

need more knock down

Old 08-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know how to anchor game and you do not have to shoot on the shoulder to do it. You appear to be a legend in your own mind and anyone who doesn't do what you do is wrong in your sketchy opinion. Problem is it is only your opinion and not fact. I have been killing deer for almost 60 years and I have killed more big game than deer. I don't know what your problem is but you are not the expert you insist that you are and your posts are obnoxious and insulting and show that you feel a need to prove and insist that your way is the only way. Hate to tell you, it isn't. What satisfies you is not necessarily what satisfies other hunters and your way isn't the only way and no one has to prove anything to you, in fact since you are the one bloviating on your expertise, it is up to you to prove that your way is the best way. Something you will not be able to do
Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you luck on your hunt I do hope you get all that you deserve.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Banned

thank you kindly. I think my 50/50 ball will do the job fine.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Feel the love. My only real peeve, so to speak, is people over extending their abilities or their equipment's abilities. If you are going to use a round ball, stay within that bullets effective range and stay off the shoulder. If you are going to use a fishing sinker powerbelt, stay off the shoulder. It isn't you that has to suffer a painful injury and more than likely a slow death. It is the game which you are shooting at that has to suffer from your ego. I love traditional equipment more than most. But I was raised to respect the game which I am after and taught to give that animal the quickest death I can deliver, not allowing it to suffer needlessly. PRB can and has delivered that for a few centuries now. But always respect the limitations of that equipment of which there are many.
The old man used to blast at me constantly for using PRB but he always had to admit I always keep to that rule. Never shot a big game animal past 100 yards, most were around 50-60, with them and always took a clean shot. If I didn't have it in that range, it walked. Never let my ego surpass my equipment's abilities.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I prefer heart shots or severing the aorta from the heart but sometimes you don't get what you want.
Well said. I was always taught to aim dead center, but those heart shots sure do bring them down quick when you pull them off, don't they?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Gentlemen, I think the best thing to do is for both of you to go to the other's profile and add him to your "ignore" list.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:35 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thread is locked as a few have gotten off track.

JW
Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Quite a Flame war here boys.

Originally Posted by JW
Thread is locked as a few have gotten off track.

JW
This thread is now open.

I went into editing and found deleting entire posts was far better.

Your posts are not gone. Administrators and Moderators can still see them but a normal user can not. So complain away. I have nothing to hide and no iron in this fire other than if you want to kill a fantastic forum keep it up!

Some time out cards have been handed out as it takes two to dance. Sometimes more.

I haven't been around much as of late. In the past when I did visit all seemed fine under the leadership of cayugad.

And I see cayugad has not posted in almost 2 months!
I hope he is OK.

But I remind anyone to go back and read our forum rules.
This is not a democracy here IB owns it.

Before you hit that Post button ask yourself would this be better served as a Private Message (PM) then use it! Keep to the topic please.

Again

IF You have a problem with me or anyone else report it.
If you get no answer KEEP REPORTING IT!

I absolutely hate editing! But I will.

Geez

Dave.......JW
Old 09-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Spike

season opens oct 21 made changes in ammo ready to go
Old 10-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually take 4 or 5 deer a year, most with a bow or crossbow I have found that placing your shot makes all the difference. In my experience a heart shot will often run as much as 100 yards so will a double lung shot; but I have found that placing the shot, bow or gun square on the knot of arteries just over the top of the heart will limit the distance run to about 35 or 40 yards max with a bow, and will often drop them on the spot with a muzzle loader. I realize this is a small area and requires a carful shot and a reasonable knowledge of anatomy but the results are worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.