Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Outing number 2

Old 02-18-2017, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Outing number 2

I went out again today for two reasons . One I switched the bare primer in the disc to the red jacket because the bare primer wouldn't come out and I decided I might want a second shot without dry firing and then using a knife tip to get the spent primer out . Rather than try to solve the head space issue I just switched back to the red plastic jacket . Second reason was the wind was 17 with gusts of 26. I wanted to check wind drift . I shot at 150 yards. Same load as before

This looked good. Even better than yesterday except for the drift

I used Kentucky windage . It wasn't as good as I hoped but it should be fine besides I am hoping there won't be the wind to deal with

Old 02-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not to worry Chet. Bust 'em in the lungs and he won't go far. And that's a much bigger target than that little red bull.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL...It's a bigger target than the whole dang target! If you miss the vitals of a Bison from 200 yards or closer Chet, throw that rifle to me and take up knitting!