Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Nothin' important - but I think it looks Good! >

Nothin' important - but I think it looks Good!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nothin' important - but I think it looks Good!

Old 01-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Nothin' important - but I think it looks Good!

I have done a bit of dealing over the telephone and I think I am getting another Super DISC and thinking ahead I was trying to decide what stock I might put on it to replace the hump backed DISC Original stock that is on it...

Then it came to me... several years ago I acquired this blued DISC Extreme 45 cal. and about the same time I got a an old fashioned Knight DISC wood stock from Sqezer. So I had put that stock on the DE. It took me awhile but I found the rifle removed the stock and weighed it 2# 4*. Might be just perfect. I am out of ULite Kevlar stocks that I can swap around, the ULite stock weighs 2#, so this might work well with the Super DISC that is coming.

And an added benefit! I took the Mountaineer Shadow Grey TH stock from the Mountaineer and dropped the DISC Extreme in it - shoot I think it looks good! really good!!!

The new O DISC will or drop right in the wood stock and as an added bonus before Sqezer sent the stock out here he had bedded receiver and the barrel channel which should really help the 1-20.

Now I am excited to get the new rifle and check it out...
Old 01-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Dominant Buck

very nice looking rifle. But will it shoot?

is this a sabot or conical shooter?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
very nice looking rifle. But will it shoot?

is this a sabot or conical shooter?

It is an Extreme with a 1/30 twist so it will handle both. The down side is the very long bullets in sabot will not stabilize but long conicals - not a problem
Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Spike

Very nice!