Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Back Again

Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Back Again

Hi guys Ive been absent awhile its been a busy year for me no BP shooting for me yet.I moved from NY to NC and its been an adjustment to say the least.I lucked out finding a friend who allows me to hunt his property.What a difference from NY, its considered coastal here and the woods are impenetrable he has a couple of very small semi clearings and they are the only chance for a shot more then a few yards. Ive been in there with the bow and several times with the muzzie but havent seen anything yet. Went back to NY for opening rifle and missed opportunity on a nice 8,Ill be going back for BP in a week. I hope my luck changes.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to NC from a native North Carolinian, Living near the coast you will have a taste of everything- bear, turkey,deer and hogs. Lots of swamp and mosquitos too. The only draw back to me is how warm it stays in November there. good luck
Old 12-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you deer655 for the welcome, no joy for me yet in the deer woods.Family needs have had me on the go since mid Nov out to Cali back to NC then up to NY now back to Cali in a couple of days then back to NY for at least a week then drive back home to NC where I want to rest my butt for a long while.I have one last chance in NY when I return mid Jan on Long Island,persistance should count for something....