Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White Super 91

Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Open to all suggestions right now
The slip fit design is great but you have to fire a squib load first in order to hold bullets in barrel that is a pain in the ... if you clean your rifle every night after a hunt because the next morning you have to dirty up the barrel again this is no problem if firing a cap at say 3 or 4 am before you get to your hunting spot otherwise sabots you can load and keep loaded if you want to risk rusting barrel if moisture gets in there so some considerations to make ? But it will be a great rifle once you dial her in !
Old 10-26-2016, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Bronko, how can you sleep at night knowing you got that rifle for that price!!! Talk about a steal! You sure did step in it this time and came out smelling like Roses.

If shooting conicals, I'd try NoExcuse 460gr conicals. No experience shooting Sabot bullets especially for a 50Cal Magnum. GRIN Private Joke on me as I'm always being told I shoot a .451 Squirrel Rifle.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

You have a great rifle and a great deal there. I don't own that model but would if I had that kind of deal. You should be very happy. Almost as happy as Ed and his little squirrel rifle. Wait a minute, I have one of them too? Its cool Ed.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=cayugad;4278381 Its cool Ed. [/QUOTE]

We all know the .451 is capable of taking anything from Squirrels to Elk.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well I just sent an email to Thor bullets for a sample pack for this rifle. Just for giggles I saw it on an on-line auction, NIB, White Super 91 .504 caliber, so I put a bid in of $275 and just found out that that was the winning bid. Beautiful rifle from the pic. Stainless, grey laminate stock. I don't know what other bullets I will be able to shoot out of it without sizing my own. I'm going to check MMP and see if they make a sabot for this size bore. Pics will follow when received.
Seems every time I think I have enough muzzys, something comes along that I can't pass up. But I can blame this one on Cayugad. He's always bragging about how well his White shoots....Just kidding Dave.
did you get the rifle yet and if so how does it look ?
Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
did you get the rifle yet and if so how does it look ?
SOLD!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/muzz...uper-91-a.html