Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Austin & Halleck 420 >

Austin & Halleck 420

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Austin & Halleck 420

Old 10-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Austin & Halleck 420

Just wondering if anyone is interested in one of these. I saw it at my local gun shop. Gorgeous walnut stock, 50 cal. Price tag on it is $275. Drop me a PM and I'll send you the dealer's number. If you want I'll even go over and take some pics and send them to you.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You sure it's walnut and not Maple? I've only seen the 420's with maple furniture from the factory. If it's fitted with walnut then that may be a custom or aftermarket stock. They sure were some pretty rifles. If you aint doing nothin, swing by and take some pics. and PM me the number. I might just be interested. I don't much like bolt action MLers because of my sausage fingers but that's a pretty dang good deal for an A&H if it's in really good condition. And I can always have a .209 BP made up for it and convert it for BH.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will do Lynn. I would go tonight but the wife is out and she has the phone. I'll go over tomorrow after my appointment to get my stitches out of my foot. PM me your email or cell phone # so I can get them to you.
BTW - it may very likely be maple because it does have some stripling through the wood. I just saw one on an on-line auction that was up to $450 and climbing.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
You sure it's walnut and not Maple? I've only seen the 420's with maple furniture from the factory. If it's fitted with walnut then that may be a custom or aftermarket stock. They sure were some pretty rifles. If you aint doing nothin, swing by and take some pics. and PM me the number. I might just be interested. I don't much like bolt action MLers because of my sausage fingers but that's a pretty dang good deal for an A&H if it's in really good condition. And I can always have a .209 BP made up for it and convert it for BH.

Problem is the hammer is the bolt is a plunger much like the Rem 700.

If Photobucket was working I would send you a picture of the hammer.

Last edited by sabotloader; 10-25-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Problem is the hammer is the bolt is a plunger much like the Rem 700.

If Photobucket was working I would send you a picture of the hammer.
Already know that one buddy. There are a couple places that make the hammer and BP conversions for them. Lotta people have the A&H's and they are beautiful rifles and from all I have gathered they shoot exceptionally well. Lots of people compare them to Doc's. I sure wish they didn't go outta business.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes I had 2 of them for quite awhile and they were good shooters...

Last edited by sabotloader; 10-25-2016 at 06:27 PM.