Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
First Day Of OK M/L Season=Consolation Prize >

First Day Of OK M/L Season=Consolation Prize

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First Day Of OK M/L Season=Consolation Prize

Old 10-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default First Day Of OK M/L Season=Consolation Prize

Another hog of course.

This 225 pound boar was shot in a small game plot this morning: He was very fat. After several futile attempts to give the animal away, i kept him.

Distance: About 30 yards
Attitude: Angling to
Gun: .54 caliber TC Fire Hawk.
Powder: 100 grains of Black MZ
Sabot: Red
Bullet: 330 grain .452 hard cast
Primer: #11 cap

Bullet hit just below the eye. Because of the angle it exited just below the opposite ear. Hog thrashed for about 45 seconds and expired.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

a very nice hog. If that were me, other then pork chops and back straps, I would grind that monster up and have a LOT OF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE!!

It is silly but breakfast sausage is one of my favorite all time things to eat. And its not just for breakfast either. I could eat that stuff all the time. Plus you need ground pork when you make venison salami and other venison meats.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would grind that monster up and have a LOT OF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE!!

We have breakfast sausage made. Also have the meat ground up for chili. Few times each year I cook sauerkraut and pork chops.

Wife hates when i play with the sausage grinder. But she ain't here. She's visiting relatives for the next month.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That bugger may just have enough fat on him for bacon too!! I hate that lean crapolla bacon. Gotta have at LEAST 25% to hold the flavoring! Get yaself a good mix of apple and hickory and smoke the hole slab for about 5 hours (cold smoke if you have the capability) and whatever else you want for curing and flavoring.