Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Encore Muzzleloader barrel >

TC Encore Muzzleloader barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Encore Muzzleloader barrel

Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Encore Muzzleloader barrel

I have used a knight disc extreme for over a decade. Its been good. Still good. I have a Lehigh 209 primer conversion, that basically keeps the breech clean. Only thing I don't like about it, is if I go to the range and shoot more than 15 shots with mag 777 pellets or even 110gr of BH209, it is very tough to remove the breech plug.

So, I am looking at these new fangled break open ML with breech plugs that you can remove by hand. I have an old encore laying around, and thought why not put on a new barrel. TC said I could get one that fits it with the speed breech called endeavor something like that. Said part number 07284751. Or I could take same money and get a CVA accura V2.

Has anyone ever took their old encore and put these new barrels on?
Old 09-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may need to get an accurizing kit from Mike. Included is a tad bigger hinge pin and some washers to set your crush for the primer and a few other odds and ends. The new barrels on the old frames SOMETIMES just don't fit up perfectly. But that's really to be expected. Here's a link for his kit. It's not all that expensive at all and will greatly enhance the performance of your rig in MOST cases. http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/
Old 09-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

The Encore's a good platform. I don't know whether they offer muzzleloader barrels with a quick-release breech plug, but as long as you take care of it you probably won't have much trouble removing a regular Encore muzzleloader barrel's plug.

On the subject of Mike Bellm, if you're willing to purchase the inexpensive parts and spend time installing them, and especially if you'll be shooting it at longer ranges, duos should efinitely make the investment. I personally recommend one of his lighter trigger springs.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

I had a TC encore rifle and put the endeavor barrel on it. It liked 120 gr pyrodex RS and a 250 gr XTP CCI 209 primers. It shot around 1 MOA . The speed breech XT worked great and never had no problems. I loved the way it cleaned up. Pull the BP spray windex down the bore and then pull a .50 bore snake through and your done. I had an older TC with the threaded BP but the endeavor barrel made is so quick and simple. I hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an Endeavor, I did put the accurizing kit on it , I like quite well. I also put together a pro hunter with a Bergara 45 barrel, which turned out to be my 250 yd. gun.
They are both excellent shooters.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

I think I am goin to have to buy an oversized hinge, as I had a Bellm hinge installed years ago. So, now going to have to match it.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Slowburn
I had a TC encore rifle and put the endeavor barrel on it. It liked 120 gr pyrodex RS and a 250 gr XTP CCI 209 primers. It shot around 1 MOA . The speed breech XT worked great and never had no problems. I loved the way it cleaned up. Pull the BP spray windex down the bore and then pull a .50 bore snake through and your done. I had an older TC with the threaded BP but the endeavor barrel made is so quick and simple. I hope this helps.

This is very helpful, as I also have an older barrel I got off a poster here, that happened to be pitted. Never tried it. Figured I would keep that one for hunting Colorado with open sights during early ML for elk.