Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Captured Bullet List >

Captured Bullet List

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Captured Bullet List

Old 07-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Captured Bullet List

Photo show the standard bullet trap. Carpet adherered to plywood in front of five identical water jugs, backed by a phone book. Range from the muzzle to the carpet was 25yard; sometime 26 yard. In some cases more jugs were required.

LIST

Last edited by ronlaughlin; 07-17-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ron that is a mighty long list. I saw a couple of my bullets listed and viewed them. I saw the + and - of each one. Although one bullet may not be a representative sample it still gives you an indication of what you can expect.
I was surprised that there were no 250 gr or 300 gr Shockwave bullets tested. Only a 200 gr. I get very good accuracy with these, especially the 300 grainer.
You spent considerable amount of time and burned up some expensive powder just for the sake of providing all of us some info. I for one appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My deal is i really like to shoot guns.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I recommend this for a sticky, also that Ron should be able to add to it.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Spike

Great post. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Ron that is a mighty long list. I saw a couple of my bullets listed and viewed them. I saw the + and - of each one. Although one bullet may not be a representative sample it still gives you an indication of what you can expect.
I was surprised that there were no 250 gr or 300 gr Shockwave bullets tested. Only a 200 gr. I get very good accuracy with these, especially the 300 grainer.
You spent considerable amount of time and burned up some expensive powder just for the sake of providing all of us some info. I for one appreciate it. Thanks.
I tested both real world on several animals Bronko. The results were great accuracy but mediocre terminal performance of the 250's. They tended to blow up pretty badly on shoulders of deer and hogs. The 300's on the other hand held up nicely with great penetration but I couldn't get them to group well out of the TC barrel. Well MY standard of grouping anyway. Almost 2 inch groups at 100 5 shot doesn't meet my standards. That was before I started using BH. I still have a couple boxes of them laying around. May send a few downrange with BH and see if they group better. If they don't do any better I'll send you what I have left.