Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Impact report

Old 04-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any adult would keep the challenge fair. Unless you're the type who will win at any cost to keep from losing.

Of course, Jon will take the challenge as it was presented, but i'm not sure what it will prove?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Why don't we stay on topic from here out. We were discussing a range report from a t/c Impact. And the idea of a challenge really at this point is just silly. If you want to discuss a challenge between the Impact and any other rifle, do it in PM's. But lets keep this about how well the Impact shoots. I was finding it interesting information. All the rest of one brand better, challenge of rifles, etc.. is hot air. So cool off. And tell me more about the Impact.

I came so close to buying an Impact one day. I handled it, shouldered it, but the store would not remove the trigger guard so I could inspect the trigger pull. Store policy they said. Like a none loaded muzzle loader was a threat to store security. But I went with the flow and talked myself out of buying it.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pete, HE is the one that was talking crap. HE is the one that said "he would put his flintlock up against any Impact"!! What it will prove is he is full of crap. And in case you missed it or if it was in any way vague, when I told him he could use that CVA he is so fond of, I was talking about his V2 that costs twice as much as the Impact! I haven't even shot the Impact past 150 (my 200+ range is still a damn mud pit) but with it's performance at 150 I have total faith in it out to 250. And mind you that shoot at 150 was with Lehigh 220gr .458's which aren't precision accuracy bullets. They are good hunting bullets and are plenty accurate enough for that task but they typically aren't the best precision target bullets available. May try some Parkers (275gr) out of her and see how they shoot. Just for giggles! My PH barrel liked them a lot but the boss (wife) sure didn't! Them puppies are e x p e n s i v e !!
Old 04-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The OP made the challenge. I guess he can do what he wants in his thread.

The biggest problem I had with the Impact was the LOP was way too short for me. The Triumph is an inch longer and fits me perfect.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Why don't we stay on topic from here out. We were discussing a range report from a t/c Impact. And the idea of a challenge really at this point is just silly. If you want to discuss a challenge between the Impact and any other rifle, do it in PM's. But lets keep this about how well the Impact shoots. I was finding it interesting information. All the rest of one brand better, challenge of rifles, etc.. is hot air. So cool off. And tell me more about the Impact.

I came so close to buying an Impact one day. I handled it, shouldered it, but the store would not remove the trigger guard so I could inspect the trigger pull. Store policy they said. Like a none loaded muzzle loader was a threat to store security. But I went with the flow and talked myself out of buying it.
Sorry Cayu, Jon has a tendency to jump on any TC thread and denounce them so I was calling him out on his BS. Kinda sick of it.

As far as the trigger goes, it's acceptable. I've felt better, I've felt much worse. I didn't put it on a trigger gauge but it feels around 3.5 or maybe a tick heavier. I may pull it and stone it a bit to lower that a little since Alex likes a trigger between 2.5 to 3 pounds. But it does break very cleanly. As I said earlier, that hammer could use a bit more to it. May take a file to it and add some serrations as it's fairly smooth. Don't like that. Hard to get to with a scope mounted but that's not too bad. Just my big ole meat hook thumbs have a hard time getting to it without some practice. She probably won't be hampered much if any. All in all, for the price, you would be hard pressed to find a NEW rifle at that cost to be anywhere near as accurate and well made.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The OP made the challenge. I guess he can do what he wants in his thread.

The biggest problem I had with the Impact was the LOP was way too short for me. The Triumph is an inch longer and fits me perfect.
It is for me as well Pete. But it wasn't bought for me but for my 5'3" daughter. Even paid for it herself! But I tell ya what, If I had a ton of layers on for cold weather hunting, that little shorter LOP would actually come in handy! I am seriously thinking about getting one but will probably just get myself an Omega in a fast twist .45 and shooting full bores!
Old 04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually when I shouldered the rifle at the store it pulled up real nice. I liked it. But instead the next week I purchased a Remington Genesis. Not the same kind of action as the Impact. But again, a nice rifle.

I see that they have the Impact back to about the same price as they were when they first came out in the stores. Around $249.00 which I think is a good value.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure it fits a lot of guys. I have really long arms and need an LOP around 14 1/2" A bit longer is fine, but I have trouble with anything shorter.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I cut the stocks down on my fav T/C Hawken about 1". It took quite a bit of rasping and sanding to get the crescent butt plate to fit just so. Then I had to grind and file down the tip about 1/2" to keep it in line with the stock. And when I ordered a custom stock for another I ordered it with a 13 1/2" LOP.
I like to get that trigger in close too. It feels much better to me and I can hold steadier and therefore shoot better. I may be shortening the stock on one of the Renes too before long.
SG54 - what config did you get the Impact in? That Weathershield/Realtree looks cool.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Impact was Tom's gun. It was blue/black. The Triumph is also Tom's and camo/weathershield. It fits me perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.