Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Impact report

Old 04-30-2016, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Super hunt........Let's keep it apples to apples. Jon is using primitive open sights. Are you going to use the same thing on the Impact?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
When talking about cheap Muzzleloaders the Impact is in a class of its own. The only people buying cheap CVA'S and Knights is because there not educated and dont know any better.
Not nice Grouse.

SH - Glad to see someone finally posting a range report. I can't wait to burn some powder. Going to be hitting the road tomorrow morning at 0'dark thirty and hopefully get in late tomorrow night.

Last edited by bronko22000; 04-30-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad its working out well for you guys SH. I would agree, that is a nice rifle for the $ for sure....and for smaller shooters, its especially a great fit bc of the stock.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Super hunt........Let's keep it apples to apples. Jon is using primitive open sights. Are you going to use the same thing on the Impact?
He was the one started popping off Pete. Just figured I would allow him to back his BS. He jumps on any non CVA post and tries to put down the product. Time for him to be called on his crap is all. And BTW, yes Deb can use opens out to 200 very well. Me on the other hand, I even scope my hunting handguns! My eyes didn't age as well as yours did. My close up vision is caput! Can't see open sites worth a damn anymore.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ezearl
YEA! LOL

Anyways,I got the Impact. I'm impressed with the quality of it. No slop in the action at all. The stock seems of good quality. I've dealt with so called "Tupperware"stocks that come with some factory centerfire rifles. This isn't one of them. I'll probably at some point paint it though. Finish is fine. Sights are really nice but I can barely focus on them so will be putting a Leupold M8 2.5x20mm w/hvy plex on it. I removed the spacer on the buttstock . It shoulders just like I need it to. I normally have to reduce the LOP on my centerfires either by replacing the recoil pad with a butt plate or cutting the stock and reinstalling the recoil pad. The adjustable LOP on this Impact was a major reason in choosing it. Gonna be a while before I can shoot it but then as they say all good things are worth waiting for.
Earl, glad you are happy. That stock is the whole reason of my attraction to it for my daughter. Of all 5 of my kids, she is the only one that took after her mother in the height department. Little spitfire. It's actually funny with her in a family photo. The boys and my oldest daughter are all over 6' and she's at 5'3".
Old 04-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
He was the one started popping off Pete. Just figured I would allow him to back his BS. He jumps on any non CVA post and tries to put down the product. Time for him to be called on his crap is all. And BTW, yes Deb can use opens out to 200 very well. Me on the other hand, I even scope my hunting handguns! My eyes didn't age as well as yours did. My close up vision is caput! Can't see open sites worth a damn anymore.
He didn't challenge anybody. He challenged the gun.

I teamed up with Jon once in a BP shoot. We beat everybody. Jon can shoot.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
He didn't challenge anybody. He challenged the gun.

I teamed up with Jon once in a BP shoot. We beat everybody. Jon can shoot.
Uhh Pete, care to tell me how a firearm can shoot all by it's little lonesome? He's the one always spouting off and downing everything other than CVA products. I feel it's time to put up or shut up. Plain and simple. The old saying "money talks, BS walks" is quite fitting in this instance. He want's to talk crap and down the Impact, then let him back up his talk. Until then he can stay the hell off any of my field reports. That plain enough?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I looked at the Triumph when I was in the market for another inline. It just didn't feel right to me and I ended up getting a CVA Accura V2 and I love it. But that Impact looks like a nice rifle. I'm 5'9" and I like a short LOP. I have a 20 ga 870 youth that is my favorite turkey gun. It's like carrying a BB gun.
But as far as getting another inline I prefer the traditionals. But if I were in the market, I'd definitely look at the Impact.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Uhh Pete, care to tell me how a firearm can shoot all by it's little lonesome? He's the one always spouting off and downing everything other than CVA products. I feel it's time to put up or shut up. Plain and simple. The old saying "money talks, BS walks" is quite fitting in this instance. He want's to talk crap and down the Impact, then let him back up his talk. Until then he can stay the hell off any of my field reports. That plain enough?
All I said was to keep it fair. You're going to use a modern inline with modern bullets and a scope against primitive sidelock with primitive sights and a PRB, and you think that would be fair? Plus, you want to shoot at 200 yds. Seems to me you're the one talking crap, and you wouldn't even be shooting.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not even sure why a traditional ML was brought up in this section and topic. You guys have your own "play ground" now and neither CVA or Knight offer a traditional ML.

against any impact all day long LOL!!
Seems to me there were no restrictions in the challenge. No need to be fair or equal. "ANY" would include all possible Impact configurations, distance and bullet type.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/any

1. 1 : one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind: a : one or another taken at random <ask any man you meet> b : every —used to indicate one selected without restriction <any child would know that>

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-30-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.