Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A Melancholy Lament >

A Melancholy Lament

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A Melancholy Lament

Old 01-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

bronko has a good point Semi...

Come and spend some time with us on the Traditional side of this site. For the most part, (at least what I've observed) that's what you enjoy most. You can always break bread with the modern ML boys anytime you'd like... no one is locking you down. I've always enjoyed your very informative posts but what I truly enjoyed most was your flat out damn funny Southern boy humor... something us Yanks seem to be lacking in. Come on over and spend some time with us Bud, we'll keep a spot open by the campfire!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 01-14-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Semisane--I don't post much, I am long in years but short on experience and use the site to learn, mostly about inlines and traditional percussion use. I do agree that the site would be more enjoyable if all posted in a "friendly" manner, not in a "I gotcha!!" mode. I think that sometimes this is not intentional, just poor editing. If we review our posts, sometimes we see that we were a little caustic when we did not intend to be. But sometimes I have seen intentional belittlement of someone, this should not be. Finally, I would like to commend you on your excellent grasp of the English language. You made a great post, clear and well worded, at least to me.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I dont do much posting but over the years I have learned a lot about in line as well as traditional muzzle loaders while reading Posts from the many knowledgable shooters on this site. In my opinion it would be a shame for any of you all to leave it but would understand considering the bickering that has seemed to take hold of it. I hope Semisane's post will open up some eyes. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I sip a little bourbon occasionally while setting by the fire on a winters night. I am a loner so I don't do much on any forum or website. That being said I have gathered a lot of good info from this forum. Nothing personal but I don't like people and I don't discriminate I hate everyone equally...
Old 01-17-2016, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

There are only a very few posters who look at each thread as a chance to be negative and confrontational. However, the value of sharing experiences and knowledge is significant for the MZ rookie or enthusiast.

If I see a thread with many postings, I can tell without opening it up who's been in there and I try to avoid them.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why have we started a Traditional Side??? Why not just post up here as we have always done????
Old 01-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Why have we started a Traditional Side??? Why not just post up here as we have always done????
That was my initial thought: That there was room for everyone and that each method would be respected. It appears a number of members petitioned for it and site mgmt. agreed. Under those circumstances, I'm glad to see the group effort paid off w/what should be a positive result.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can't wait until I get back up to PA and start doing some serious shooting again. I will post my reports as they up. But I believe once up there I am going to be selling off a few of my muzzies and only keep a couple. Maybe 2 flinters, 2 caplocks and one inline. All the rest will be hitting the classifieds. So keep your eyes open for some really well cared for rifles. If anyone wants to know what I have they can PM me.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100% Semi! I quit coming around much a few months ago when the drama really started ramping up again. I knew when MD/FG or whatever else Jon goes by came back on, it was going to go this way. It's sad. I too used to love this board.

Now I check back in about once a month, see a bunch of drama, then log back out.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:22 PM
Spike

Sounds like a case for the "Bore Cleaning Weasel"? He could really liven things up around here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.