Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Whitetail

Old 11-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Whitetail

We were able to slip out yesterday morning to do a little whitetail hunting. We are/have been scouting another elk hunt location for the last couple of weeks and in the process if a decent whitetail buck would present itself - well that would really be nice. We call the first part of the month 'headgear' days. Here in Idaho you get one deer tag for the general season so we try to make it count. We are also on contending with a rash of 'Blue Tongue' disease that takes it toll on the whitetail. We have one more week of 'headgear hunting' then Thanksgiving week it reduces to any deer goes as the season is really ending.

Last week when we making the rounds of the cameras that we had set up my hunting partner picked up on this track. We did not have the animal on any of the cameras.

Well this week we believe he did show up on camera...

So a few little pictures have provided a little more incentive to work the area a little more and actually do some whitetail hunting.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:24 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Nice looking deer . I think i would be out there everyday trying to find that bad boy .
But i have a question , whats that thing next to the deer track . I know i have seen them before but not in a long time .

Old 11-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Nice looking deer . I think i would be out there everyday trying to find that bad boy .
But i have a question , whats that thing next to the deer track . I know i have seen them before but not in a long time .
Ill bet you that's his favorite hunting buddy who never uses a ML.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice one for sure! I'd love to run into that bad boy. Love the brows!

Good luck SL, hope you bump into him!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
that device is an "increment sizing device"! We are in rifle season here and my hunting partner prefers staying conventional. When ML gets here in December he will make the switch to a TC Hawken & POWERBELTS!!!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
That is a nice one for sure! I'd love to run into that bad boy. Love the brows!

Good luck SL, hope you bump into him!
Ya - that is what I noticed also - I am going to work on him next week.

Just looked back on the camera - we did get a relative of his working the area also... He is also a pretty decent animal!

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-20-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck SL!! Those brow tines are really nice in first pic an that relative is not to shabby either...
Old 11-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Banned

beautiful whitetail, Especially those LONG eye guards.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I like this one more. Granted it doesn't have swords for brow tines but it is definitely a respectable specimen!

Old 11-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I think I like this one more. Granted it doesn't have swords for brow tines but it is definitely a respectable specimen!

Ya actually that is the one I would really like to bump - but I would not complain about the other one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.