Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Making a change in Colorado!!! >

Making a change in Colorado!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Making a change in Colorado!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by rafsob
If they are so stuck on no sabots, why do they allow inlines??? Why not go completely primitive? What is their reasoning for this restriction? Do they restrict optics also?
Same here in the PacNorWest - all three states have ML seasons - inlines are allowed. Only Washington is progressive enough to allow sabots. Idaho and Oregon require full bore conicals with Oregon allowing any full conical and Idaho allowing only lead.

All three have open sight requirements

All three states require cap ignition.

Loose BP sub powder only

None of the ML seasons are considered 'primitive' seasons. Most of the ML seasons in Idaho are animal control.

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-19-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be using the 325grn Bloodlines sabot less.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Geez even PA's primitive season you can shoot any projectile with your flintlock ignition. They've become a lot more lenient since the onset of this season where only PRB and "buck horn" style sights allowed. You can also use a peep now with your saboted bullet. But you still can only use a flinter.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

When using a flintlock, I would suggest open sights .530 patched balls and 80grs of FFF Goex...

No need to even discuss elongated bullets, other powders, etc...
Old 11-20-2015, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
When using a flintlock, I would suggest open sights .530 patched balls and 80grs of FFF Goex...

No need to even discuss elongated bullets, other powders, etc...
I've shot so many Deer with that combination to learn how bad round balls are on game. I enjoy the Flintlock with sabots and open sights a lot more now. Another nice option in PA you can use either.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
no sabots in colorado.
nor in idaho,plus ,only exposed nipples,iron sights and no pellet powder
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Banned

If they are so stuck on no sabots, why do they allow inlines??? Why not go completely primitive? What is their reasoning for this restriction? Do they restrict optics also?
they do here in idaho, as I stated in above post. I am unsure of the rules if shooting smokepoles during rifle season.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I've shot so many Deer with that combination to learn how bad round balls are on game. I enjoy the Flintlock with sabots and open sights a lot more now. Another nice option in PA you can use either.
learn where to hit them

you need me to switch to round balls for deer and elk so I can show they are are just as effective as any other bullet?

You know... kinda like how I switched to powerbelts this year because I heard they are so horrible and can not kill.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
learn where to hit them

you need me to switch to round balls for deer and elk so I can show they are are just as effective as any other bullet?

You know... kinda like how I switched to powerbelts this year because I heard they are so horrible and can not kill.
A roundball is just as effective as any other bullet?? I really believe you mean that and don't know any better.

As far as PowerBelts I've shot more game with them then you ever will. And your also right, I can kill game with any bullet. How they are killed is the difference between you and I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.