Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders >

Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders

Old 10-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders

ran into one at the gun store what a strange gun anyone ever shot one? they were asking 399.00 . I'm not sure 100% how it works looks like 4 screws you loosen and spin the barrels ? lol interesting
Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shouldn't have to work the screws. You are supposed to fire, go to half cock twist the barrel to align the loaded one, go to full cock and fire again.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

You don't loosen anything to swivel the barrel, just twist it. It's under tension but not fixed in one position or the other. The downside? They are HEAVY.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

interesting, I was wondering how the barrel locked in place or unlocked.....I didn't want to play with it too much because I don't own it lol I got this picture from the internet its not the gun I seen, the nipple didn't line up with the hammer on the gun I seen, I was thinking loosen the drum screw and line it up with the hammer....next week i'll see if its still there and spin the barrel......the guy at the gun store had no idea
Old 10-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i......the guy at the gun store had no idea
But he knew to price it at $399

I've never actually seen one. Innovative design, but like Semi said... I bet that sucker is HEAVY!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm... I wonder if you'd have to develop a separate load for each barrel? Close... but maybe tweaked a bit from the other??

BPS
Old 10-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen an original at a museum. They would not be legal in PA for muzzle loader season.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default Pedersoli 54 Swivel Barrel Rifle

That is a good price for a swivel barrel. I have owned a Pedersoli Swivel Barrel for years & have used it several times for deer hunting. One deer I bagged with it was on the 2nd shot. (Yes I missed the first shot) It uses 2 spring loaded detent balls to easily lock the barrels in position. You should work up loads for each barrel for accuracy but I have found a good deer load that works in both barrels. Some like to set up one barrel for short & one for longer ranges. (The 2 screws on the fore grip only hold the wood slabs to the barrels.) The rifle is carbine length so it isn't as heavy as you might think. Frank

Last edited by FJPetruso; 11-06-2015 at 06:42 AM. Reason: thought of more to add

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.