Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders >

Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pedersoli .54 cal Swivel Barrel Muzzleloaders

Old 11-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Banned

very neat!!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ed...

I can see it now... You get to your stand and it's just starting to get light enough to see. Within a few minutes, you see silhouettes of deer coming toward you taking their time and nonchalantly feeding as the get closer. By the time they're in range, it's legal hunting time and can see them all clearly so you level the sights on a nice fat doe and squeeze the trigger. Unfortunately you hear an audible "click" and immediately realize you forgot to cap the nipple! All heads pop up and are on alert but that gentle wind you walked into on the way to your stand is in your favor so they quickly settle back to feeding.

You slowly turn that barrel over, all the while keeping your eye on the deer. When the bottom barrel rotates to the top, you see there's a cap in place so you level the sights again... BOOM!! The gun roars and when the smoke clears, you see that nice fat doe is on the ground giving a few final kicks before her lights go out! You look down at the gun you're holding and say to yourself... "Damn, I'm glad I decided to buy this one!"

BPS
Old 11-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Ed...

I can see it now... You get to your stand and it's just starting to get light enough to see. Within a few minutes, you see silhouettes of deer coming toward you taking their time and nonchalantly feeding as the get closer. By the time they're in range, it's legal hunting time and can see them all clearly so you level the sights on a nice fat doe and squeeze the trigger. Unfortunately you hear an audible "click" and immediately realize you forgot to cap the nipple! All heads pop up and are on alert but that gentle wind you walked into on the way to your stand is in your favor so they quickly settle back to feeding.

You slowly turn that barrel over, all the while keeping your eye on the deer. When the bottom barrel rotates to the top, you see there's a cap in place so you level the sights again... BOOM!! The gun roars and when the smoke clears, you see that nice fat doe is on the ground giving a few final kicks before her lights go out! You look down at the gun you're holding and say to yourself... "Damn, I'm glad I decided to buy this one!"

BPS
I can see it now too!
You have a deer in sight. You let-off a loud blast and the bullet hits a branch enroute dead-nuts and you miss the deer. But wait - the deer hasn't moved. So you flip the barrel over very cautiously and desire to get off a very quick 2nd shot. But wait - that first shot shook the ML so much, the cap fell off and I can see the cap on the ground right below me. So I cautiously try to retrieve the cap and the deer runs off, never to be seen again.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
I can see it now too!
You have a deer in sight. You let-off a loud blast and the bullet hits a branch enroute dead-nuts and you miss the deer. But wait - the deer hasn't moved. So you flip the barrel over very cautiously and desire to get off a very quick 2nd shot. But wait - that first shot shook the ML so much, the cap fell off and I can see the cap on the ground right below me. So I cautiously try to retrieve the cap and the deer runs off, never to be seen again.
Aw C'mon T7, you're too much of a pessimist... I like my scenario better!

BPS
Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just call me Pessi Marty! My wife is Antag.....

But there is a fix to that fallen-off cap. Just buy the RWS Dynamit Nobel 1075 caps. They stay on tight.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

lol I'd put my money on the deer getting away lol
Old 06-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default hunting with the swivel rifle

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have seen an original at a museum. They would not be legal in PA for muzzle loader season.
I have seen a few guys from different states talking about this rifle not being legal for muzzleloading season. Why would it not be legal? It certainly is here in Florida. It is a muzzle loader so whats the deal? The cal or the fact that it has two barrels?
Thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

It wouldn"t be legal in WIS muzzy season but the rifle it would be. Single barrel muzzle loader
Old 06-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

I has a twist barrel Navy arms in 1977 both barrels 45 cal. That was long before Wis Muzzy season Used it in shotgun area. Better than a smooth bore shot gun
Old 06-21-2016, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one that I was given for Colorado by a friend. I never told him that they were illegal in CO! But they are legal in Texas. However, just never used it. On display in my living room as a novelty item, but I have never fired it. If anyone else has interest. I would probably part with it for the same price Plus shipping (but without all the tax he paid. :-)

BTW: weighs in at just under 10 lbs

Last edited by txhunter58; 06-21-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.