Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My first Excursion with ML >

My first Excursion with ML

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My first Excursion with ML

Old 10-07-2015, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My first Excursion with ML

This weekend will be my first excursion into the woods with a muzzle loader so I am a little excited at this moment, something new and something I have been wanting to try. Never hunted with one so will be using my fathers since can't get out due to work load being behind from the rain this past week.

Anyone else get this excited for things like this?
Old 10-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

You bet Salty. You wouldn't believe how excited I was the first time I used a flintlock on a hunt, and especially the first time I used the Swamp Dragon.

Good luck on the hunt.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I think excitement is in all of us. If not, why go. The first time I actually solo hunted with my .54 caliber Renegade and roundball I was so excited the night before I must have checked that rifle and my possible bag ten times. And then when I actually got to shoot ... well I know we all say we don't like to kill anything, but let me tell you I was thrilled that I hunted hard, got so close to a doe, and actually made the shot. Well .... Good luck on your hunt.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Salty, I've always said, "when I stop getting excited for the hunt is when I stop hunting". It matters not what weapon I am using. I get a little more excited when I travel out with my traditional archery equipment than anything else I guess.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
This weekend will be my first excursion into the woods with a muzzle loader so I am a little excited at this moment, something new and something I have been wanting to try. Never hunted with one so will be using my fathers since can't get out due to work load being behind from the rain this past week.

Dang! always!!!! first trip - couple hundred trips - don't matter
Old 10-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Best of luck and hope you have some great stories to tell of your first hunt!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taught a friend of mine that always hunted w/a Rem 870 how to use an inline and helped him purchase his first gun. He still used his 870 on occasion, but it was like the BP inline was his new best friend. I understand the newness quotient. Good luck and have a great time.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Salty, good luck on your muzzleloader deer hunt.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't get excited per se. But I am full of anticipation. Going out and sitting and soaking up nature is a form of solace for me. It calms and relaxes me from the every day calamity. What really gets my blood pumping is when I see that first animal of the year approaching and every one after that. Whether I'm going to shoot at it or not. That's what I like.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Spike

Well said Bronko22000. Good luck on your first ml hunt olsaltydog!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.