Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Renegade (Old Reliable) >

Renegade (Old Reliable)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Renegade (Old Reliable)

Old 10-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
My Renegade was just as dependable as yours. I had all the hi-tech equipment attached to it, to keep it dry. But without all that weatherproof dressings, dependable doesn't exist.
I would disagree with your conclusion. If you have a the right nipple and you are using a #11 type cap applied it will be waterproof. The convolutions around the #11 cap when stretched by the application of the cap to the nipple will seal the water out. If the cap is loose then all bets are off!

So I'm just saying that with my sealed ignition Omega and Vision, there's really nothing to buy to keep it dry. No covers for the nipple area, drum area.... no cover or seals for the #11s. Nothing needed to put over the hammer.
You might get surprised there one also on the Omega. I have had the external hammer freeze in place because of water moisture and exposed to freezing weather.

Now that's naturally dependable and it's doesn't cost the ML owner a dime. So that's pretty-much why I abandoned my sidelocks.

Really nothing more to say on this. If anyone wants to debate with me further, my private email is active and that keeps the moderators here more happy, having less to edit and less time to contact posters with complaints stemming from disagreements.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I would disagree with your conclusion. If you have a the right nipple and you are using a #11 type cap applied it will be waterproof. The convolutions around the #11 cap when stretched by the application of the cap to the nipple will seal the water out. If the cap is loose then all bets are off!

You might get surprised there one also on the Omega. I have had the external hammer freeze in place because of water moisture and exposed to freezing weather.
Plus the sidelock is cool , omega's not so much unless its my custom

Old 10-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Plus the sidelock is cool
Especially a sidelock with a scope.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

T7 I wasn't trying to start anything just merely stating I have not had a problem with my Renegade and it is dependable. With a rubber over the muzzle and a tight fitting #11 cap and a cows knee I haven't had any issue but that's me and I enjoy hunting with my old reliable Renegade. I use several different ML's as it really depends on the mood I am in at the time. Now you may be more comfortable using an inline and there surely isn't anything wrong with that. For me I know I can always count on my Renegade.