Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Strike

Old 09-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
LHR had the nitride finish before CVA and the Strike IS a LHR Redemption. QLA is mentioned in the spec pdf

http://www.tcarms.com/pdfs/uploads/m...2015_Final.pdf
OK missed it...thanks!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Me being a hunter I don't worry about looks. As long as it fits me, reliable in all elements, and accurate I'm happy.
I'm generally the same way but that thing is just butt ugly. That forearm cutout?? What gerbil brain decided THAT looked good? And did you see that 1/8 inch span where the stock connects to the receiver? AND whats up with that HUGE rod guide? Dang thing looks like an epileptic monkey put the thing together with a lego hammer!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I'm generally the same way but that thing is just butt ugly. That forearm cutout?? What gerbil brain decided THAT looked good? And did you see that 1/8 inch span where the stock connects to the receiver? AND whats up with that HUGE rod guide? Dang thing looks like an epileptic monkey put the thing together with a lego hammer!

Old 09-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old 09-16-2015, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Couldn't have said it better Semi.

I find it really ironic that TC now owns and is selling the redemption.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

The one critical flaw that has still not been addressed is......scope mounting.

Look at the eye relief on that scope and tell me if you think that looks correct. While the externally thread breach plug sounds like a good idea, its a nightmare for mounting a scope properly. The ocular bell on that scope in lined up with the trigger. How many scopes do you think have over 5" of eye relief?

Sure this can be solved with a base that over hangs the breach plug cap but then the cap becomes more difficult to remove.

Assuming that eye relief is fixed lets look at scope height. How much lower can you go before the ocular bell gets too close to the action lever?

On top of all that it is still butt ugly with poor fitting stocks.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Couldn't have said it better Semi.

And T/C implies its their innovations in the video. They didn't event anything. LHR invented it and now T/C is taking the credit for it.

“Thompson/Center pioneered innovative designs in the sport of muzzleloading in the early 1970’s with new technologies such as the interchangeable Encore® platform, Speed Breech XT®, Flex-Tech® and Power Rod®,” said Danielle Sanville, Brand Manager for Thompson/Center Arms. “Today we raised the bar again with the launch of our hammerless T/C Strike, which delivers the ultimate in muzzleloading performance, along with T/C’s legendary accuracy.”

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-16-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The one critical flaw that has still not been addressed is......scope mounting.
Excellent point GM. Take a look at the above posted picture of my Mustang, and notice how the scope is mounted as far back in the mounts as possible in order to provide proper eye relief.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Agree. As I said before, the definition of irony; LHR's main people were ex-T/C employees who were not happy with the S&W purchase and subsequent shutdown and move of the main T/C production facility. So they make their own new company and produce a new ML with some pretty cool innovations, only to ultimately sell that company to the other company that caused them to bail in the first place.

A big question is whether, in the course of the buyout negotiations, was there any mention of current Redemption owners? Meaning, will TC/S&W honor the LHR warranty?
Old 09-16-2015, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somebody made some money...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.