Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
When is it going to cool down? >

When is it going to cool down?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Dove season starts here in Charlotte on Saturday. Thanks the good Lord the temp will be in the low 80's. I think this may be the end of the high temps. Whats weird is that the deer around here have already shed their summer coats. Where I hunt in Va the deer I saw had almost no summer coat left. Almost solid gray now.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is also a tough time of year in Phoenix. We have had 3 months of high temps already and we still have another month to go - so lots of cabin fever. Thankfully the next few days will actually be below 100. Still too hot for the range but at night I should be able to get out for a cigar and a few cold ones.

Cooler temps are coming.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Daytime highs have been in the low 90's here in my part of PA most of this week and the humidity is awful!! What few deer I've been seeing around the house don't even come out until it's almost dark. They probably pick a nice cool shady spot near the creek to hunker down during the afternoon.

BPS
Old 09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gentlemen, I take care of my lady. And yes I am taking her to our FL house so she can sit by our pool and not lose her "all over" tan. I will be coming back to PA for hunting season and hopefully tag out in archery and muzzy seasons in time to go back for a conjugal visit on our anniversary in November.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen, I take care of my lady....
Aren't you leaving her in Florida while you go find the remotest part of PA to be alone for a while and hunt?