Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
368 Grain Wheel Weight--380 Grain Lead >

368 Grain Wheel Weight--380 Grain Lead

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

368 Grain Wheel Weight--380 Grain Lead

Old 09-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 368 Grain Wheel Weight--380 Grain Lead

52Bore used the same mold as used to make the 380g lead boolits, and made these 368g hard cast boolits.

Range was 26 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn. Sabot was long black Harvester.

The first two jugs were toasted. The third and fourth jug had a hole in and a hole out. The fifth jug had a hole in and a hole out, but held the bullet. The sixth jug had a tiny tiny hole at the non-entrance, which ruined it for future use. The hard cast wheel weight boolit, now weighs 230.2 grain.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, sheared off a good bit of weight there. Never made me a hard cast HP before. Almost always make them in SWC Keith style.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

That was an interesting test. A lot of penetration for sure. I have wheel weights but never used them anymore for bullet cast. I made a bucket of roundball out of wheel weight and could hardly get them down the barrel of the rifle as they would not melt into the grooves. Ended up making them wrist rocket ammo. And they worked great for that.