Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New possibles bag

Old 08-31-2015, 07:13 PM
Banned

Default New possibles bag

A member over at my place sent this over to me as he figured I might have a use for it. Boy do i ever!!

LOVE the colors on this bag! Thick heavy, just a real heavy duty possibles bag. I added the strap as I had a spare from a powder horn. I was going to use it as my rifle bag BUT with it being such heavy duty leather, I decided to make it for my shotgun as i'll be carrying 10+ charges with me and that thick leather will hold up without a hitch. I already packed it with most of the shot gun gear and have a ton of room inside left over. Shes about 3 1/2" wide at the bottom and under 2" at the top so most of my wad containers and shot tubes lay flat and easy to get to.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can get all of the old used purses you want at any Goodwill Thrift Store. Lots of them look pretty much like that one.

(Sorry about that Devil. Looks handy, especially for a shotgun.)
Old 08-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife carried a purse just like that in the early 70's

(Like semi I just couldn't resist)
Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
My wife's been looking everywhere for her purse. You Devil-you!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can put some pb&j sandwiches in there too
Old 09-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

That doesn't clash with your shoes does it?

I have a quite a few possible bags. But only one I take hunting. Otherwise each caliber has a possible bag, fully equipped and even the black powder revolver has one. Plus there is one for flintlocks VS percussion. Kind of sick wouldn't you say ...
Old 09-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

So cayugad, what your saying is, you have almost as many purses as my wife?
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
So cayugad, what your saying is, you have almost as many purses as my wife?

Yes I do, and female family members love to steal my "purses." What I use for "possible bags" are Basmati Rice Bags. These are very strong burlap bags with a zipper of commercial grade, in the top, that come in 10 and 20 pound volume bags. They make excellent storage/carry all bags.

I am very particular on the genetic make of rice that I eat. Basmati being the only kind that I "enjoy." I have ate only this brand of rice for over twenty years. And I eat rice five times a week, sometimes more. And so I used to purchase the rice from Sam's Club, in bulk for home use and for food storage lockers (yes I am one that plans far ahead). The bags were kind of a bonus.

I can't tell you how funny it was when my mother first saw the burlap rice bags. They have a large red logo of the company and then a bunch of writing in I am guessing both English and either India or Pakistani writing, what ever that would be. She insisted I give her a couple. As did my sisters. And mother did use them as a purse and for her knitting. And I might add got a lot of complements on them.

Another great possible bag can be made out of an old pair of blue jeans.