Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
58cal hits water jug with authority! >

58cal hits water jug with authority!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

58cal hits water jug with authority!

Old 08-30-2015, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! You should set up a test like Ron does, just to see how that big ol round ball shakes out.

I had a chance one time to get a Big Boar at a very fair price...should have done it. One of the few deals I wish I had a chance to "do over". At least I have my .54 renegade.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Nice! You should set up a test like Ron does, just to see how that big ol round ball shakes out.
Can you imagine owning a 58-cal inline with a twist between 1:60 and 1:70?..... shooting patched roundballs and Blackhorn?
Old 08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

to heck with a water jug test, I shot a doe last year in the chest and the ball only lot a few grains of weight and expanded greatly, but not even close to coming apart. We found the ball in her rear leg after it cracked the leg bone.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL gotta love using deer as cannon fodder
Old 08-31-2015, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
LOL gotta love using deer as cannon fodder
I see Authority hit you over the weekend and smacked you with a time-out.
Welcome back!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
to heck with a water jug test, I shot a doe last year in the chest and the ball only lot a few grains of weight and expanded greatly, but not even close to coming apart. We found the ball in her rear leg after it cracked the leg bone.
Oh there is no doubt, I just thought it would be cool to see how an old school big ol round ball stacked up to all these hi-tech bullets.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

well after hunting season i sure can give that a try and see what happens. Got a busy season this year with multiple projects going on that need to be finished before the cold season hits.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
I see Authority hit you over the weekend and smacked you with a time-out.
Welcome back!
Yep, I let myself get sucked into an argument that was getting circular and let the individual get under me skin a bit. It happens to the best of us! Thanks for the welcome back though!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Banned

LOL yeah you got to watch those. Some folks just post on here for a response and nothing more. Muley and I were talking about this topic the other day.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of fact, there aren't enough of you guys posting on this subject. It's in the Northeast section so it's not getting the traffic that the actual subject deserves. If you guys wouldn't mind, pop in, read all the pages (10 or 11) of the back and forth arguments and post YOUR feelings on the subject matter. BUT, don't get suckered into name calling and such like my fool rear did. A couple of the people posting on that one will do their very best to irk you. Here's the link and enjoy the laughs. There are several http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...nt-ban-pa.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.