Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Rusty..rusty....rusty >

Rusty..rusty....rusty

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rusty..rusty....rusty

Old 08-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rusty..rusty....rusty

After a long illness I felt like I should hit the range and send a few.

Talk about being rusty!? Cross wind and one direction at the bench, a completely different direction at the targets. All in all, it was fun and it was great to be back out shoot'n. I need more.........

Crazy rusty a distance..........

Old 08-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

If that's rusty I will accept a deep dark brown rust color please. Very good shooting there.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say....you still got it!! I'll take that kind of rusty any day..
Old 08-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Barnes you scert me there for a minute. I thought you forgot to clean one of your MLs and it got itself in a mess. That's some pretty fair shootin for a youngin like yourself. I'm figerin that the wind in both directions balanced out and your bullet took an "S" path to the target.
What do you think?
Old 08-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Barnes you scert me there for a minute. I thought you forgot to clean one of your MLs and it got itself in a mess. That's some pretty fair shootin for a youngin like yourself. I'm figerin that the wind in both directions balanced out and your bullet took an "S" path to the target.
What do you think?
Something happened, more than likely it had something to do with all the rust in my joints. The range runs true north and with the wind I figured it would shoot slightly right, but I wasn't going to adjust the turret. The WSW wind was at the bench, but at the 400yd target it was swirling around the trees, causing a NW wind. I did my best to wait until the gust subsided, which worked well at 300. However at 400 things changed considerably. I see I missed circling that shot down at 6:00.

This was the first time I've had the muzz out since the May shoot at Friendship, that I almost didn't attend I felt so bad. Found out a month or so ago, that I've been suffering from a nasty case of adrenal fatigue, along with hormone levels 365% and 400% above normal, along with a cortisol level dropping to .3 (point 3), which is dangerously low. Doc told me that had I gotten seriously ill I wouldn't have recovered. Well with a couple medications and a boat load of supplements, I'm back on the mend and starting to feel like doing something. That may as well be shoot'n

Now, if I can only figure out the proper die settings for this darn Bushmaster .450 in the next few days I can get back up to the range with the muzz...........