Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh 250 Grain Xtreme Penetrator >

Lehigh 250 Grain Xtreme Penetrator

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh 250 Grain Xtreme Penetrator

Old 08-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lehigh 250 Grain Xtreme Penetrator

Late this morning the Xtreme Penetrator 250 grain bullet was tested. Range was 26 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn. It was shot through carpet, plywood, 5 water jugs, and into a wet phone book. Temperature was 49 degrees.

The photo shows the jugs, and phone book arranged as they were before the shot. Usually when one shoots expanding bullets into water jugs, the first two are shredded, and the rest just have a hole in and a hole out without much more damage. Here one can see that the XP bullet just keeps inflicting damage as it travels through the jugs. The third, and fourth jug are too damaged to stand. The phone book was accidentally left out in the back of the truck, and it rained most of the night. The book was soaked, and luckily it expanded to about double it's dry size. This allowed for a capture of the Lehigh XP bullet, which was on it's way to Eenar. The bullet penetrated about half way into the soaked pages.

The bullet weighs 250.2 grain, and could be shot again.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats pretty amazing the way that bullet shreds jugs.

BTW that is how i prep phone books for bullet testing. I soak them in a 5 gallon bucket for at least an hour or until they swell to roughly twice the original size.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron,
Dave at Lehigh told me this bullet is better then the mushrooming bullets on the market. I really found that hard to believe just by the looks of it. But after your testing I really believe it is. I wish I could legally use it myself. Gotta check some surrounding states.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG! This bullet could potentially kill three deer running in a herd.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
OMG! This bullet could potentially kill three deer running in a herd.
Looking at your replies lately, your obviously drunk or on something. You should seek some help!!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the ballistic coefficient of this bullet?
From there, can anyone w/ballistics software run the #'s to see what velocity and bullet flight path would be, out to say, 300 yds?
Old 08-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
What is the ballistic coefficient of this bullet?
From there, can anyone w/ballistics software run the #'s to see what velocity and bullet flight path would be, out to say, 300 yds?
I wouldn't think it would be a good long range bullet but I'll check to see if I ran numbers on it.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I wouldn't think it would be a good long range bullet but I'll check to see if I ran numbers on it.
Much appreciated!

Meant to say: Velocity @ 2,100 fps. Thanks again!

Last edited by Game Stalker; 08-18-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Looking at your replies lately, your obviously drunk or on something. You should seek some help!!
hahahaha
As much as you write about these bullets, you haven't a clue what it can / cannot do to a deer.

Talk about a lost step-child...... look in the mirror.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
hahahaha
As much as you write about these bullets, you haven't a clue what it can / cannot do to a deer.

Talk about a lost step-child...... look in the mirror.
Your right, I have no clue what an XP bullet will do on any game?? Did you see someplace I posted some in the field results on game? Please provide a link or something to justify your comments. You normally can't back up anything you say but maybe I forgot shooting something with them. I'll wait for your link!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.