Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
scope mounting options T/C Hawken >

scope mounting options T/C Hawken

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

scope mounting options T/C Hawken

Old 07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default scope mounting options T/C Hawken

I have a T/C Hawken with a Green Mountain (21" fast twist, Long Range Hunter) barrel that I would like to mount a scope on.
Any suggestions/advice on available options?
Old 07-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Dominant Buck

The best way is with a T/C off set scope base and then some Weaver Rings. The trouble is that off set base is getting scarce as hens teeth. I am wondering if there is any Warne bases that could be mounted on that. Although the hammer might get in the way of a scope with a large bell.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd mount the scope centered, and bend the hammer.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

..... or raise the scope using see-thru, to keep it center.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

For myself, I wouldn't put a scope on it.........
Old 07-28-2015, 02:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
For myself, I wouldn't put a scope on it.........
My open sights days are gone. The eye sight ain't what it used to be.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Josmund
My open sights days are gone. The eye sight ain't what it used to be.
Understandable, there myself. With the help of my eye doctor, I am able to see the sights on my bow with a verifier (he hunts )

I had 6 surgeries, 3 on each eye, last being cataract surgery. I have to admit, he did a darn good job. I've had -1.75 vision since the surgery and just the other day, found that its improved to -1.00. Speaking of that, I should try one of my .22 rifles with open sights again.....
Old 07-28-2015, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reason I was thinking of adding a scope is that it's one of the most accurate barrels I own, and the eyesight is not what it used to be.
Another option I might consider is a peep sight & fiber optic front sight if I can't locate a scope mount I like.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Spike

wabi, i have a off set TC 9930 for renegade models only base adapter . you still will need a base mount and scope rings to fit . also have traditions scope bases A1322 which is a 2 piece base mount that is flat on bottom U would have to drill and tap barrel for the A1322 and bend hammer , they do not fit on the TC 9930 if one would help-u-out let me know.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Found a couple "ironsighter" see-thru mounts available, but before I ordered I thought I'd check the screw spacing on the GM barrel. Compared to an old T/C Hawken barrel (without the pre-drilled rear hole in the breech plug) it looks like there may be about 1" difference in hole spacing? The old barrel (estimating the location of the rear hole) has about a 6⅝" spacing from the real hole to the front hole (didn't pull the sight to check the rear hole hidden under the sight) and the GM barrel looks like 7⅝" between the holes (rough measurement with a tape measure on both).
Anyone know if T/C changed the spacing when they added the breech plug hole?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.