Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just Fun

Old 07-25-2015, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man Ron you must really dislike soda! But I bet the flies will sure like that spot now.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the flies really like that spot now, but not because of the spilled pop. The rancher with the lease on that unit brought his cattle in, and put mineral blocks almost exactly where the horse was standing. Many cows, calves, and a few bulls spend a lot of time at the location.

Haven't been able to shoot there for a month or so; ran into him the other day, and he said they were moving the herd to the next unit. Reckon i will be shooting there soon, and the bullets will be much easier to find, because the ground is now bare of vegetation. A short wait should allow this heat to dry what the cattle left.

No, i don't dislike soda, nor deer, elk, and antelope, but i kill them all. Strange 'eh?