Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
1:20  Weaver off  Nikon on >

1:20 Weaver off Nikon on

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

1:20 Weaver off Nikon on

Old 07-02-2015, 02:21 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default 1:20 Weaver off Nikon on

I took the weaver scope off since I didn't really like it and put a Nikon Omega BDC back on . The old girl was feeling down about not getting new glasses and looking the same so I decided to let her put on a new dress and see if she felt better .
Here she is with the Omega scope and a new dress. She is kind of pretty

so then I took 4 shots getting her sighted back in.
then a new target and a try for groups

this was the first 2

I figured I would screw up the group, I'm good at that but this was 3

but it looked so much like the 2 that I wanted to be sure . that's when I did screw up. Here are 4 and 5 way off alone .

Not sure what happened. It was windy and barrel was hot but it was that way throughout the rest of the shoot.

I decided to try to shoot 10 and see if it looked more like a group and those 2 didn't look so lonely
this was after 8 shots

this was after 10 shots . Those two were still lonely but I felt real good about the 8 shot group. So good that I was worried it wasn't shooting through the same holes like it appeared to be doing so I took one shot at the yellow Lehigh logo just to make sure .

I was satisfied . Of course before anybody gets to excited , this was not long range . This was only 75 yard off the truck because the wind was about 20 mph and I didn't want to be affected to much by the wind. I just wanted to get the old girl sighted back in somewhat.
Gun: Knight 1:20 disc
FPJ ( my Lehigh NFPJ bolt adapters wouldn't work )
Federal primers
90 gr Blackhorn
200 gr SST's tan sabot

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 07-02-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
1874sharpsshooter

This is the same gunas from the Weaver post , that had vertical stringing . Evidently a different stock stopped that because the barrel was even hotter than the first shoot . I Would say this is a good example of how bedding could be beneficial . Maybe this one will be next in line to be bedded .

Old 07-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love when I hear CVA is just a better gun. That gun your shooting is very old and it's still a better 45 then anything on the market today. A Lehigh conversion makes it clean as well. Great shooting!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Really good shooting. And those 4&5's always happen to me. I can shoot three in one hole and then mess up every thing after that. So as I was reading your post and looking at your pictures, I had to smile.

Still, real good shooting! And that is a beautiful rifle.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Really good shooting. And those 4&5's always happen to me. I can shoot three in one hole and then mess up every thing after that. So as I was reading your post and looking at your pictures, I had to smile.

Still, real good shooting! And that is a beautiful rifle.
Don't you have an old Knight Cayugad? How does it shoot?