Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Weaver scope

Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Weaver scope

I was digging through some scopes this morning and found a Weaver 6.5x20 x44 .Hmmm, I thought I would like to try that on the Knight 1:20. I proceeded to remove the Omega scope and put on the weaver. The front bell was to big with the low rings . The parallax bell was to tight against the barrel to turn so I had to go with higher scope rings. That set the scope up further than I like but that's the way it had to be .
I went to sight it in . I was concerned about eye relief but that turned out to not be a problem. The real problem turned out to be elevation adjustment. maybe I should say a LACK of elevation adjustment. While the weaver scope was very clear I wouldn't be able to get but about 300 yards out at the most. So I decided to take it off and throw it back in the box where I found it. A person could put some MOA ring inserts in I guess . But I figure why bother.
here's the gun Knight Disc 1:20

Weaver 6.5X20X44 scope. Not sure what model but probably a grand slam ???? not sure though

target after final sight in 5 shot center group the one to the left was before final scope adjustment. I had vertical stringing on the group but that was probably heat related as I was shooting 260gr Dead centers with tan sabot , only 80gr Blackhorn so as not to waste powder

Old 07-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would bet with a little extra powder in that same stock it would do as good as the other stock