Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
3 and 4 hundred with SST's >

3 and 4 hundred with SST's

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

3 and 4 hundred with SST's

Old 06-28-2015, 04:40 AM
Spike

I thought it was a great video . short ,sweet and nailed it
Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
Please tell me how to get a YouTube video to show up in a post like that. I've tried all kinds of ways and haven't hit on the proper technique yet.
Below the video you will see "Share" and a bunch of link icons such as Facebook. Click "Share"

Just below those buttons you will see a link to the video. Simply copy and paste that link here. Ibobi updated the forum a little while ago to support videos directly. You dont need any embedding code.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 06-28-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Which rifle? Did I miss that?
Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Josmund
Which rifle? Did I miss that?
no, I was so disgusted with the trouble of the camera and my not knowing how to work it and my internet constantly messing up that I gave up posting and so I didn't give out all the info.

It was a Remington with a 1:22 Mcgowen barrel. I had it built for smokeless but never got into smokeless so it had never been shot.
I sold the Savage but decided to use the Remington with Blackhorn til I get the 1:18 that I want for long range. Since the McGowen is a 1:22 I decided to use the 200 gr SST's and a little less powder just to see how it did. I might still sell it to finance the gun I want built. I haven't decided on that. I just know that I don't have a desire for smokeless shooting ( even though Blackhorn is close, I know I know.)

I've pretty much decided the only two guns I want are a 1:18 knight and a 1:18 Omega with a Douglas barrel. I want the Omega bad enough that I might part with a few guns just to get it built.

Here's what I was shooting

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 06-28-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

1874sharpshooter,
I believe BH209 is better then smokeless if you can live with 2600fps in a 45cal ML and a 200grn bullet.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:16 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Grouse45
1874sharpshooter,
I believe BH209 is better then smokeless if you can live with 2600fps in a 45cal ML and a 200grn bullet.
I can live with that. I think the Lehigh 215 or 230 for hunting and parker 270 emax for target shooting is the direction I'm moving in. Time will tell what bullets I actually end up with. I'm still fond of big lead, PR Dead centers , etc etc .Change doesn't come easy But that's my thoughts on it at the moment

Old 06-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey 1874, why does your rebel flag have 4 extra stars?

Who would have thought a rebel flag would one day become a collectors item. I was talking with a black friend of mine yesterday... she said its stupid, the flag itself doesn't represent hate - it represents heritage. Hate abounds regardless... unfortunately.

What will be next? I sure hope muzzleloaders don't offend someone somewhere....
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Hey 1874, why does your rebel flag have 4 extra stars?

I dont know 😄 but i felt with all the nonsense and baloney i might as well exercise my freedom of speech by using it as an avatar . Afterall , if morons can trample and burn the american flag under the guise of free speech then i figure i will fly the confederate flag in support of the good ol boys down south . Besides Muley said he was born in Massachusetts so maybe we can stir his Yankee pot 😄

Old 06-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I dont know �� but i felt with all the nonsense and baloney i might as well exercise my freedom of speech by using it as an avatar . Afterall , if morons can trample and burn the american flag under the guise of free speech then i figure i will fly the confederate flag in support of the good ol boys down south . Besides Muley said he was born in Massachusetts so maybe we can stir his Yankee pot ��