Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Not planned vent liner test!!! >

Not planned vent liner test!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Not planned vent liner test!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not planned vent liner test!!!

When we decided to start making vent liners at Lehigh Bullets we made two versions. A flat version and a domed version. We focused more on the domed version cause they looked better, and the pressure was directed away from the flame channel in the vent liner.

http://www.lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=25

But after some unplanned testing, and testing bullets I found out the domed ventliner also lasts longer. And it seems pretty significant as well. I have the same treated flat and domed liners. The domed are pretty significantly better. I used to track shots but don't do that anymore.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Is the domed version interchangeable with the standard / stock flat top savage plug?
Old 06-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Josmund
Is the domed version interchangeable with the standard / stock flat top savage plug?

Yes

The thing i like about the dome vent is they seem to have a deeper allen key. Less chance of stripping.

They also do last longer for me vs standard Savage vents.