Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel >

A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel

Old 06-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just call him McGuyver! (or however ya spell it)
Old 06-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got a bit of dirt on my hands in my pre-college working days BPS, and as a Warehouseman/Fork Lift Operator during college. After college the only time my hands got dirty was when dealing with the kind of human dirt and bureaucratic bull**** one is sometimes exposed to in the Human Resources business.

After 32 years in HR I couldn't wait to retire. Had I been working with machine tools I might still be at it.

I've always been a tinkerer. You'd get a pretty good belly laughs at some of the stuff I've put together. Most of it has been destroyed for the protection of humanity.

Some of you guys who have been around here for a while may remember my Rotisserie Motor/Pyrodex Canister ball tumbler. (It still works, I hope the video does. )

Last edited by Semisane; 06-23-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Semi...

HA HA!! Yes I remember it! I believe you called it the "Rube Goldberg Tumbler" or something like that. You made it to tumble the sprue smooth on your hand cast .570 rb's.

BPS
Old 06-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi...I like that idea. You're always thinking which is something a lot of people don't do these days. But if you don't mind a bit of, shall I say, modification without taking away your thunder for such a fine idea - why not use an Allen head bolt for the insert. You could drill the 3/32" hole thru the center and the socket head could serve as a means to tighten and remove plus act as a mini sun shade.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
why not use an Allen head bolt for the insert. You could drill the 3/32" hole thru the center and the socket head could serve as a means to tighten and remove plus act as a mini sun shade.
Because, DAMMIT, I always lose Allen wrenches.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. For the sun shade properties anyway. The current insert is easy to screw in and out with fingers.

The current insert will likely be staying in place. Can't think of why I'd take it out. Unless, of course, if I make a target insert with a smaller hole. Even then, the change-over would be infrequent.

Last edited by Semisane; 06-24-2015 at 06:34 PM.