Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel >

A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A New Sight For The CVA Squirrel

Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane
Gosh TX, you really went the extra mile to keep me safe. Your offer is too kind.

After thinking it over I decided the best thing to do is just toss the darn thing in the Mississippi River. I can't take the chance that you might forget it's dangerous and use it. I'd hate to see your benevolent self injured while attempting to pot a bunny.
Send it to me , i guarantee it wont get shot 😀

Old 06-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Send it to me , i guarantee it wont get shot ��
I believe it.

Anyway, in your wide open spaces you couldn't get within .32 round ball range of anything except paper and tin cans.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi, you ever "bark" with that there squirrelie gun? Old Great Gramps had him a .32 Kentucky squirrelie rifle. Never had a mark on the squirrelies either. I really screwed the pooch about 25 years ago and traded that rifle for a nice .357 Python. At the time it was probably an "okay" deal, but man I could probably get a freaking mint for it now.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never hunted with this one Super Hunt. Actually, I'm not much of a squirrel hunter except for shooting a dozen or two for the pot out of the front yard oak trees. They do make a fine gravy. I do plan to make a few late evening walks down our logging roads this Fall in pursuit of some wascally wabbits.

I really screwed the pooch about 25 years ago and traded that rifle for a nice .357 Python.
To quote Ol' Blue Eyes - the great Sinatra, "Regrets, I've had a few.....".
Old 06-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never hunted with this one Super Hunt. Actually, I'm not much of a squirrel hunter except for shooting a dozen or two for the pot out of the front yard oak trees. They do make a fine gravy. I do plan to make a few late evening walks down our logging roads this Fall in pursuit of some wascally wabbits.

To quote Ol' Blue Eyes - the great Sinatra, "Regrets, I've had a few.....".
Nice slow fried tender young squirrel, Biscuits, Gravy, scrambled eggs DANG I'm hungry again! Even better, 2 squirrels, 2 rabbits, quarterd up, onion, carrot, couple cloves garlic, basil, thyme, celery seed (crushed fine), Salt,pepper, 2 bay leafs, saute up 2 table spoons of tomato paste to brown it a smidge and release it's flavor then put that in, 2 cups chicken stock, cup or so of water if needed to cover everything, teaspoon Worchestershire, all in a slow cooker for about 8 hours on low and BAM!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Super Hunt, your 2 squirrel/2 rabbit recipe is pretty much how I do it too, except I like to go with 2 squirrels per rabbit. And I season the squirrels with black pepper and cayenne pepper, lightly dust them with flower and quick brown them (not fully cooked) in a skillet with a bit of oil over high heat before combining all of the ingredients. Also, I've not used the celery seed. I have to try that.

Last edited by Semisane; 06-20-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

A FINAL IMPROVEMENT!

Old 06-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi...

I've often wondered what a man such as yourself with a God given talent to "make do" could turn out if you had a Bridgeport vertical mill, a Hardinge tool room lathe, and a good quality surface grinder. It's mind boggling to say the least!!

WK
Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

What BPS? Are you telling me there are tools that go beyond cordless drills, bench top drill presses, reciprocating saws, hack saws, and files???? I can't imagine such things.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

What BPS? Are you telling me there are tools that go beyond cordless drills, bench top drill presses, reciprocating saws, hack saws, and files???? I can't imagine such things.
Well Semi let's put it this way... I don't know what your profession was, but I know you would have made one helluva good tool and die maker had that been the path you chose!!

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.