Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Which would you sell? >

Which would you sell?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Which would you sell?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:20 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Which would you sell?

I am thinking about selling a long range shooter . Which do you think i should sell ? A White English Sporting Rifle or Pedersoli Gibbs . Both are a .451 both are 1:18 twist . The pedersoli has never been shot and the White was only shot by Doc for doe season then i bought it . I would be asking the same price for either one . Which would you sell or which would you buy ? Just curious

Old 05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would sell the White
Old 05-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just let me have one so you don't have to make the decision.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:21 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Just let me have one so you don't have to make the decision.
I think i already gave you a gun once didn't I ?

Old 05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 is a nice even number.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man, that's a tough one Sharpsshooter.

The Pedersoli Gibbs is a beautiful gun. I would lean in that direction. Then again, I haven't seen a good picture of Doc's English Sporting Rifle and could change my mind in a side by side comparison. Do they feel the same at the shoulder? What about dimensions - barrel length, weight? How do the sights compare?

If I were in your shoes I'd have to shoot them both before I could choose which one to keep.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would sell both. I am only interested in inline fast twisters. My last remaining sidelock is a 66-twist roundballer.

The older I get, the more modern my muzzleloader rifles become.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I am thinking about selling a long range shooter . Which do you think i should sell ? A White English Sporting Rifle or Pedersoli Gibbs . Both are a .451 both are 1:18 twist . The pedersoli has never been shot and the White was only shot by Doc for doe season then i bought it . I would be asking the same price for either one . Which would you sell or which would you buy ? Just curious
To be honest with ya!!! I hate the thought of you selling any of your rifles. I believe I know what a treasure each and everyone of them is to you...

mike
Old 05-25-2015, 07:02 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
To be honest with ya!!! I hate the thought of you selling any of your rifles. I believe I know what a treasure each and everyone of them is to you...

mike
Believe me , i dont want to but i dont have much choice right now.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess the question would be to me is.. which would sell faster for the price I want to get out of it. While they are in great shape (call them NIB), the White would be harder for a potential buyer to get. So they may be more inclined to jump on that. If the price for a NIB is too high, I often kick in the extra and just go brand new from the store. Then I don't have to question the condition of the seller, because not all sellers are totally honest when they sell a gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.