Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Optima V2 Pistol Target >

CVA Optima V2 Pistol Target

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Optima V2 Pistol Target

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Toy - do you have it scoped. Either way that is very good shooting. I imagine with 70 gr of BH209 that it is quite a handful.

Yes, with Bushnell XLT 32mm pistol scope. 70grs. was plenty stout, all I wanted to handle with comfort!!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any idea what kind of FPS you are getting with a 250gr or 300gr bullet? IIRC Busta posted his speeds with the 200gr SST.

IMO an interesting bullet to try in the Optima pistol would be the Barnes 45LC 225gr XPB. Low recoil and great performance at nearly any typical ML speed. They are cheaper than most Barnes also.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Any idea what kind of FPS you are getting with a 250gr or 300gr bullet? IIRC Busta posted his speeds with the 200gr SST.

IMO an interesting bullet to try in the Optima pistol would be the Barnes 45LC 225gr XPB. Low recoil and great performance at nearly any typical ML speed. They are cheaper than most Barnes also.
No idea. So far anything I have shot in this pistol is fairly accurate. I could tweak those other bullets I used above, but the XTP's were even easier to group. I now have more on hand so will stick with what works.

Thanks for the info!!