Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
well been busy with the new camp/hunting area >

well been busy with the new camp/hunting area

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

well been busy with the new camp/hunting area

Old 05-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default well been busy with the new camp/hunting area

took a few pics of the area that a group of us are going to be hunting and camping at. did get one fawn on the trail came. but it was on another computer have to upload that.
back of the area entering nf land. a number of openings like these

where we where camping, slightly got my lovely wife in the pic

the cabin. it is unfinished, the kitchen is not done and we found out the owner is picky about how he wants kitchens done.

entrances to the woods. ended up clearing mile and half of trails still have a lot to clear.

just another pic of what is in front of the cabin.

lot more clearing to do

the best pic of all me

Last edited by corey012778; 05-10-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like a nice area Corey. It also looks like you've been putting your fingers where you shouldn't have.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, we will not talk about what happen to my hand, lets say brick walls don't move too easy. oops
Old 05-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is some nice country Corey. Good luck with it.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice Corey...

It's great that you came across an opportunity to take care of a place like that where you can camp and hunt, let alone having a place where you can just go relax and forget about a lot of the ugliness going on in the world today. Good luck to you in the up and coming seasons!

BPS
Old 05-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice country there... are the wood ticks bad there like they are here?

Every time I work on the wood, I come in and have to tick hunt. And check for bulls eyes on the skin. I now been spraying my shoes and pants cuffs with 40% Deet and that seems to have put the fear in them nasty little buggers. News said they have Lymes Disease.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Permanone is one thing to spray clothes down with, will kill ticks and stays on the clothes for a few weeks.

Nice looking country and good luck in this upcoming season. Keep your hands taking care of, you will be finished if you lose the ability to use them.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

my hand look uglier then it really is. I have had worst on my right hand. I am lucky, little work I can shot left handed.

as for ticks, I pulled 2 off me, removed one from a pillow, my wife took one off her. I have some powder I am going to spread in the area we are going to do most of our camping and none hunting activities at. pretty much around the cabin.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea... it certainly seems that you have to remain vigil about ticks anymore. My wife found one on her the other day after taking the dog out for a brief walk. I've been lucky so far, been trout fishing a half dozen times or so, traipsing along stream banks through dead grasses, brush, etc., and haven't found a single one on myself. Never had a problem with them when I was a kid... can't remember ever getting one on me or anyone that I knew for that matter. Now they're EVERYWHERE!!

BPS
Old 05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Corey,

Are you fellas gonna put in any plots or are you just gonna leave things as they are for now?... Just curious

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.