Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I'm bummed

Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I'm bummed

My last week here in FL before heading back up north. I was going to call tomorrow and schedule a hog hunt at a place a few miles from me so I could take some meat home. I had my .58 Rene all set for the hog showdown.
But alas I have been battling a cold for 12 days and the wife insisted I go to the clinic today. Turns out I have a severe sinus infection and bronchitis. Dr. put me on antibiotics, albuterol inhaler and steroid inhaler.
Looks like I'll have to wait until next trip.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wimp!

Get well soon buddy. Those kinds of infection are nothing to fool with.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Spike

Well that stinks, get well soon!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear of your illness. There will always be times to hunt. The main thing is get well quickly. So get well soon.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that bronko! Maybe the good drugs will get you back on track quicker than you think and it might work out. Hope you feel better soon
Old 04-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
Wimp!

Get well soon buddy. Those kinds of infection are nothing to fool with.
LOL - I'm starting to feel better but the antibiotics are not allowing me to stray too far from the porcelain throne. And I have to stay on them for 10 days. I better buy a box of Depends for the trip back to PA on Saturday.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:22 PM
JW
Super Moderator

A cork - a shoe - and a bottle of super glue - from the Ballad of Lucia! by Da Yoopers!

JW
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear. Antibiotics+Steroids have always = throne room for me. Like cayu said, not something to fool with. Bad sinus infections can get pretty knarly and cause worse things. Hogs will be around. I don't think they manufacture enough ammo components to kill all them damn critters! Though I do give it my best try!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

In seeing your Signature and being a man of faith, perhaps God didn't want you to hurt any hogs Bronko. Either that, or He did you a favor by keeping you home. For there was a chance, you may have been hurt, had you gone hunting. Accidents sometimes happen, unexpected.

So smile Bronko, for God may have spared-you your life, by keeping you sick and at home a few days longer.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
In seeing your Signature and being a man of faith, perhaps God didn't want you to hurt any hogs Bronko. Either that, or He did you a favor by keeping you home. For there was a chance, you may have been hurt, had you gone hunting. Accidents sometimes happen, unexpected.

So smile Bronko, for God may have spared-you your life, by keeping you sick and at home a few days longer.
Could very well be T7. But He's the only one who knows that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.