Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Looking for a MK85 part >

Looking for a MK85 part

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looking for a MK85 part

Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Ron try calling Williams. They sell a hood for about $10.50
https://www.cartmanager.net/cgi-bin/...numDataStore=1

Its listed under rifle beads
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/rifle.htm

Ramp Hood Item #70031

This is exactly what I needed to find right here. I will contact them, I also would like to get The target knob for the elevation so it will be like ny other one. The rifle I got from WV hunter is awesome. We are looking at high winds this weekend due to s storm I hope I get the chance to shoot it.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
80 grains of yellow corn meal may be the ticket for various paper-patchers. If you are familiar with Blackhorn 209 powder, it doesn't work with loose bullets. It was so dysfunctional with my 285 grain Buffalo SSB sabot/bullets, that ignition sounded like I fired a 209 cap.

Anyways, I was using 80 grains of Blackhorn with it, so I double-loaded 80+80 of Cornmeal and Blackhorn (volume measured).

Results were fantastic. Instead of looking for my bullet between my bench and the target 75 yards away, I put the next two about 4" off, at 1:00 of the bullseye.

Walked down to the target paper stand and was thinking I was going to find sideways bullet holes. No sirreeee!

Good luck with your ML adoption.
I use 80 gr of pyrodex P with my paper patched bullets. I also use an over powder wad to help protect the base of the bullet. I am using the Lee 500 S&W bullet hardened just a pinch to help with performance on game. That load has piled up a lot of Deer, antelope, and a few elk.