Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
whites armstech super 91 >

whites armstech super 91

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

whites armstech super 91

Old 04-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default whites armstech super 91

i bought this off ksl a while back.you know ,great condition ,just shot it. yea right. trigger assembly trashed.you folks told me how to get the bolt out and one sent me a new trigger assembly.thats why i enjoy this forum.my problem now is the bolt or striker isn't hitting the cap hard enough it takes three strikes to get it to fire. its an old gun serial#404 but id like to get it up and running it shoulders real nice.with the long barrel id like to try some 600 gr conicals in it just for kicks. any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by deepcreek
i bought this off ksl a while back.you know ,great condition ,just shot it. yea right. trigger assembly trashed.you folks told me how to get the bolt out and one sent me a new trigger assembly.thats why i enjoy this forum.my problem now is the bolt or striker isn't hitting the cap hard enough it takes three strikes to get it to fire. its an old gun serial#404 but id like to get it up and running it shoulders real nice.with the long barrel id like to try some 600 gr conicals in it just for kicks. any suggestions?
I think the first thing I would do is to try a new nipple. Of course I can see it but your current nipple could be peened.

You should be able to replace the hammer spring also. Might be hard to find and then again Doc White might even have one that he would part with.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default whites armstech super 91

sabot loader the nipple looks good I'm thinking the spring ,it just sounds weak.how could i contact DOC ? does anybody out there have a spring that would work?thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

You could try to email Steve Brown at [email protected]. He has spare parts for White Rifles.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

X2 what Ed said...
Steve
Old 04-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

You might also give Wolff Springs a try. They had them for My Remington when no one else did.
If they don't list the correctly spring for your needs contact them and they may be able to find one that will work.

Al
Old 04-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

i emailed doc and he said he had one .thanks for the help folks
Old 05-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

you need a 10# super 91 spring steve has them i just got three or four. i doubt you have a issue with the nipple but you could try backing out the nipple just a tad ?? i do that anyway so it doesn't get hard to get out after shooting a lot and of course as i shoot i keep checking to make sure it's still moving !!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

doc had a spring and steve is sending me two niple/breech plugs . new trigger,new spring ,new breech plug and anew scope. this puppy is about to roar to life ,can't wait!!!