Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector Problem >

Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector Problem

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector Problem

Old 03-22-2015, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I also would suspect the sabot. I would go to a Harvester short black sabot or if it will fit, a MMP HPH-12. That MMP might be too tight and you might need a HPH-24. Also next time out, try shooting off sand bags and not the lead sled. I read on some forum that they can lean to problems. You sound like an accomplished shooter and I am sure you could pull off a few shots.

Now in my T/C Black Diamond XR they must have made a really tight bore because I have to be careful of my sabot selection as the wrong one, like the SST in their supplied sabots, are just too tight. Yet the Shockwave in their sabot are just fine.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Spike

I'll try the supplied sabot and pick up some Harvester short black and try them also. Thanks guys
Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Always fun to try different loads, combos, etc... I also see you are switching to BH 209. May I suggest that you return to the factory supplied sabot with the T-EZ and then experiment with BH 209. Once you have established a baseline for powder, powder charge, primer and the T-EZ, you can then start changing one varable and a time. This will enable you to more easily track what effect a single change will have on your Point of Impact (POI) & group. Make sure to let us know.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kathwacckkk
Always fun to try different loads, combos, etc... I also see you are switching to BH 209. May I suggest that you return to the factory supplied sabot with the T-EZ and then experiment with BH 209. Once you have established a baseline for powder, powder charge, primer and the T-EZ, you can then start changing one varable and a time. This will enable you to more easily track what effect a single change will have on your Point of Impact (POI) & group. Make sure to let us know.

Excellent advice.