Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

RMC Speed Loaders

Old 02-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RMC Speed Loaders

Normally when I hunt I have tubes like Lanes tubes to hold my powder and another one for my bullets. For me it was never a problem to use these to reload my ML for a second shot. However this year I was hunting with my grandson on his first Ml hunt. To make a long story short, he missed the first two deer (Twice) and both deer either hung around or came back and offered him a second shot. Both times I guess I lost it a little as I was trying to quickly reload the ML, while not trying to make noise and trying to coach my grandson on what to do and to try and calm him down. You could say he got Buck Fever real bad even though both deer were doe's. GRIN.

So I was thinking of getting these RMC Speed loaders. Anybody have any experience with them?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always use speed loaders for hunting. I have some of the old butler creeks, and I like the other RMC model, the clear one with caps on both ends. I've never used the one you posted, but I'm sure that will work fine also.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Spike

I've used this TC 4-n-1 Quick Shot. It helps to start the bullet, which is good to keep you from fumbling it into the snow with cold fingers.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...k-Shot-2-pack-

16 choices on this page:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...ng/quick-loads
Old 02-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

never used them... just Lane's tubes work for me. But I do have my conicals in a second tube bottom side to the top so I take off the cap and slide one out, ready to go in the barrel.

That buck fever, I seen that creep up on some of the best of them. I have a friend that when it comes time to shoot at game/ not targets mind you, he shakes so bad that.. you know what I mean.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

i've tried several speed loaders. IMO: This is the best one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/119...ter-palm-saver
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

TC made one similar to those Ed, I have never used it or the RMC either. I just put a boolet in the one end of a regular TC loader to block the end and drop the powder in the other end. I carry my conical boolets in a white's clear tube with a wad between them and the caps in a straight capper hung around my neck. I have had to reload a couple times real quick too, an so far this works for me.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
i've tried several speed loaders. IMO: This is the best one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/119...ter-palm-saver
Wow, that's expensive to use. I just use my brass powder measure for my powder volume calculation and pour it into a Lane-type tube.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Banned

dang, been a lot of years since I BOUGHT s a speed loader , they sure are getting expensive for what they are.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Spike

I use the T/C 4-in-1 loaders, as I like not having to dig out my short starter when reloading.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I too have always carried Speed Loaders when hunting. IMO they are just a convenient method of carrying additional loads. The speed part of the name IMO is a misnomer. But it sure beats carrying powder and bullet separately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.